Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What Are The Chances Of Getting UD At T-24 These Days?

Old Feb 10, 11, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard

Evening All,

I am off to Miami in a party of three on the 13:30 (BA0209) next Wednesday and wondered what peoples experiences were regarding getting seats on the upper deck at T-24. It doesn't help but it is a low J configuration according to SeatGuru. We don't all need to be right next to each other but two do though across the aisle is OK.
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I managed to get 2 seats for Mrs and Ms DMF last October when they went to YVR, on both the out and inbound flights.
I had kept a close eye on the seats for sale part in MMB and I was happy that seats would still be available, there were more than 2 on the outbound flight but only 2 on the inbound and this was doing online checkin as near to -24 as possible.

If you ask nicely someone should be able to let you know how busy/full the flight is athe moment, hope this helps.

DMF

-------------------------------------------

A scorpion in Sweden?
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
There are only 2 seats showing as available on the UD at the moment, 62 B & J.

If two of you sitting together is important I would pay to reserve seats now on the LD. You can always move upstairs at OLCI should anything become available on the upper deck.

The flight is fairly full 6 seats for sale in CW, 0 in WT+ so WT+ could be oversold with the overflow ending up in CW, too.

You don't say whether you are starting your journey at LHR, but if you are, anyone who is connecting to the 209 from another BA flight will have access to OLCI before you when they check in for their first flight.

Last edited by HilFly; Feb 10, 11 at 4:48 pm
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for looking HilFly. I will get two together on the LD as one is a child so BA guarantee this but it doesn't look good in general. I was trying to recall if there was any time where more seats open upstairs later on? Maybe I can sweet talk them at check in to upgrade some people to F to allow me pinch their seats upstairs maybe.
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes View Post
Thanks for looking HilFly. I will get two together on the LD as one is a child so BA guarantee this but it doesn't look good in general. I was trying to recall if there was any time where more seats open upstairs later on? Maybe I can sweet talk them at check in to upgrade some people to F to allow me pinch their seats upstairs maybe.
If you can sweet talk them into that, I want to hire you!
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

I have just been on and we have been assigned three seats in the middle downstairs. How do they figure that when all three of us have window seats as our preference? Is that because everyone else in Club is Silver or Gold? I always wondered how they sus out where to put people, it must be a computer program which must have some parameters.
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always wondered how they sus out where to put people, it must be a computer program which must have some parameters.

Really? I though it was a big chart on someone's desk, and they cut out people's names and stick them on.
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have just been on and we have been assigned three seats in the middle downstairs. How do they figure that when all three of us have window seats as our preference?
Maybe the algorithm assumes that a desire to sit together will over-ride other preferences.
Old Feb 11, 11, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
We don't all need to be right next to each other but two do though across the aisle is OK.
Note that on the UD rows 63 and 64 are not aligned across the aisle. One is ahead of the other.

On the LD 12-14 HJ are not aligned but 13-14 BD are aligned.

In rows 17-20 the aisle seats are not aligned.
Old Feb 12, 11, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, BMI Blue+
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Really? I though it was a big chart on someone's desk, and they cut out people's names and stick them on.
No. That's how BASSA's membership list works.
Old Feb 12, 11, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonWB View Post
No. That's how BASSA's membership list works.
^
Old Feb 12, 11, 1:08 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I have just been on and we have been assigned three seats in the middle downstairs. How do they figure that when all three of us have window seats as our preference? Is that because everyone else in Club is Silver or Gold? I always wondered how they sus out where to put people, it must be a computer program which must have some parameters.
To be fair it's the logical way to seat 3 people in CW, I'm sure pretty sure your seat preference is only used when flying solo
Old Feb 12, 11, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say that your chances of getting three seats on the UD are sufficiently high to warrant making sure that you are at a computer to check in at exactly 24 hours prior to departure.

However, please do not be disappointed if you do not get one.
Old Feb 12, 11, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I will be sat at my computer with the refresh button covered with a twitch finger. This isn't made easier by the fact the three seats are on two bookings as one pair is an Amex 241. How close are they to T-24? I seem to recall that the US flights were slightly late to be released sometimes?
Old Feb 12, 11, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
As stated before, people who have connecting flights can check in earlier so being there at T-24 is no guarantee at all. Them bloody Eurocheats win again!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: