FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   HKG-JFK cathay pacific how? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1177330-hkg-jfk-cathay-pacific-how.html)

olybeast Jan 27, 2011 8:31 am

HKG-JFK cathay pacific how?

Apart from phoning BAEC, how can I find out how many miles this trip would cost me?

HKG - JFK return in First on cathay pacific.

Anyone who has any ideas about how many miles this would be?

thanks for the help

HIDDY Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

150,000 miles.

olybeast Jan 27, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks for the reply. And that would be most easily booked by phoning them right?

BingBongBoy Jan 27, 2011 8:37 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 15746036)
150,000 miles.

What he said!

75,000 each way or 150,000 round trip...

BingBongBoy Jan 27, 2011 8:39 am

Originally Posted by olybeast (Post 15746041)
Thanks for the reply. And that would be most easily booked by phoning them right?

No, you can do it on ba.com if it offers you the route instead of trying to route you via London. If it does try to route you via London, then yes, you will have to call them. Tell them you are not able to book it online and I think they may wave the charge for you...

HIDDY Jan 27, 2011 8:41 am

Originally Posted by olybeast (Post 15746041)

You can do it online....seeing the availability on CX can be a bother as it will want to route you through London all the time. Phoning might be quicker but they will probably charge you the fee.

olybeast Jan 27, 2011 8:45 am

I tried it in cathaypacific.com and it says its worth £14,392
sounds like a good deal to me :)

Or 177,000 HKD!!!

what is this fee when on the phone you speak of?

thanks for the quick answers by the way guys

BingBongBoy Jan 27, 2011 8:46 am

Originally Posted by olybeast (Post 15746102)
I tried it in cathaypacific.com and it says its worth £14,392
sounds like a good deal to me :)

lol... Indeed, it is a very very good deal... I intend doing the same next year, just the opposite way around....

There are some great bargains out there using miles on partner airlines. And given the flight times with CX between those citied, it certainly is a lot of bang for your miles! :D

olybeast Jan 27, 2011 8:52 am

I like it when I get a lot of first bang for my miles :)

A wt+ > CW MFU position flight to hkg... then this beauty of a return in CX F then all the way back again... sounds like a very decent holiday indeed lol

BingBongBoy Jan 27, 2011 8:53 am

Originally Posted by olybeast (Post 15746156)
I like it when I get a lot of first bang for my miles :)

A wt+ > CW MFU position flight to hkg... then this beauty of a return in CX F then all the way back again... sounds like a very decent holiday indeed lol

Yup!

Let us know how you get on when you have booked it.

Ta...

Schultzois Jan 27, 2011 9:26 am

Quite frankly I'm surprised it's not more miles than that... same mileage levels as US-Europe but a much longer flight. I suppose this is because it falls in the generic US-Asia category, for which many flights are comparable to US-Europe in duration and cost... in any case, quite a good value!

As for getting BA.com to show it to you, the only way is to pick a date when redemption seats via London are NOT available, at which point BA.com will bring up a little note offering to check partner routes.

Of course, if you happen to be Gold, that will never happen, because BA.com will always try to book you economy seats at a business redemption level, which unfortunately is almost always available. But that's a different conversation that's been had in different threads...

JeffBHD Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am

Oly I have recently booked PEK-HKG-JFK 2xF on CX. Give me a shout and I'll talk you through it

itsmeitisss Jan 27, 2011 11:08 am

And CX F is world class. Plenty of space without the enclosure of EK F, and that wonderful smoked salmon and caviar washed down with Krug: yummy!

BingBongBoy Jan 27, 2011 11:20 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss (Post 15747260)
And CX F is world class. Plenty of space without the enclosure of EK F, and that wonderful smoked salmon and caviar washed down with Krug: yummy!

Is it going to come across as very rude when I pass on the salmon and caviar? I have only tasted caviar once and did not like it, but I don't want to seem rude if I say no... Is it quite a tradition?

JeffBHD Jan 27, 2011 11:21 am

Originally Posted by olybeast (Post 15746156)

This reads like you are planning LHR-HKG-JFK-HKG-LHR ? :eek:

Of course, you have form ;)

At least you are planning a bit of comfort this time :D