Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-JFK cathay pacific how?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
And don't forget you get a free stopover each way, so you could go to HKG and go on to somewhere else in Asia on Cathay Pacific for no charge. Then back via HKG on the way back. I did exactly this last year. And yes, Cathay's First is fabulous.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by sspicer
And don't forget you get a free stopover each way, so you could go to HKG and go on to somewhere else in Asia on Cathay Pacific for no charge. Then back via HKG on the way back. I did exactly this last year. And yes, Cathay's First is fabulous.
Indeed! I am planning DPS for a few days relaxation by the beach in the IC... Although it is Business Class to the vast majority of their regional destinations. Occasionally on a 3 class aircraft...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:20 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Is it going to come across as very rude when I pass on the salmon and caviar? I have only tasted caviar once and did not like it, but I don't want to seem rude if I say no... Is it quite a tradition?
I had tasted caviar before and had hated it. What they served on the 4 x I have been in CX F was spectacular. You can always just eat the salmon which is gorgous, but do try a smigeon of the caviar before you dismiss it

Edited to add, try it with all the condiments, the whole is the sum of all the parts
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
If you are looking for USA to Asia availability on-line be sure to enter a destination such as DPS that BA doesn't fly to, otherwise on a straight JFK-HKG BA will try and route you through LHR for a daft amount of miles. Using that JFK-HKG-DPS routing as an example BA.com will steer you into their partners as BA don't fly to DPS.

Even if you only want JFK-HKG try looking at JFK-DPS anyway. You should then be able to see the JFK-HKG availability as there are no through flights JFK-DPS.

It's 75,000 miles each way per passenger in F with peanuts in taxes. As has been said, the extra HKG-DPS leg in this example is included. You can do a free stop-off in HKG and then go off to wherever you fancy that CX flies to in the region (nb some CX regional flights don't have F so your second leg could be in J). You'll have to book that on the phone with BA. To be honest for the GBP15 off-line booking fee, it felt like small change in that context.

Bagging your favourite seat can only be done from 180 days out (on the CX website).
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
is it possible to do LHR > HKG on CX using miles?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mdj1
is it possible to do LHR > HKG on CX using miles?
Yes if you can get availability.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: LH FTL, A3*G
how much would JFK-HKG-BKK be on CX F?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by sspicer
Plus an additional stopover at YVR, if desired.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Enstedt
how much would JFK-HKG-BKK be on CX F?
Using BA miles, 75,000 plus £61 taxes in CX F on both sectors. Did just that recently for a trip later in the year but subsequently realised I could redeem just 67,500 AAdvantage miles plus tax of £1.60 and a £15 AA ticketing fee for the same CX F flights. Now cancelled the BA redemption and booked using AA miles. All BA miles redeposited within the hour and the taxes, less a BA £15 fee being returned to my CC.
Will be able to put my BA miles to better use for MFU at a later date. Bought 40,000 AA miles (plus 15,000 bonus miles) for USD 1,105 under the AA purchase miles promotion just ended 31 January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.