Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello from the Concorde Room!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BA235
Actually, it isn't that much fun for those of us observing it. It makes my blood boil to see some poor, hapless employee in the service industry taking a lot of flak for something that is more often than not outwith their control. But take it they apparently must. It is extremely poor behaviour to take one's anger out on those that are not in a position to answer back, as I have pointed out to the manifest irritation of fellow customers in several scenarios, including in an airport lounge. They don't like it up 'em !
I like you ..... very much :-::-:

Realistically it's hard being yelled at for something that's not your fault and out of your control, but yes we do have to take it without answering back. However, if bad language comes into it (and it frequently does) we ask the passenger to watch the language or we'll walk away.

However, the dramatics of such incidents can be amusing sometimes. Bags thrown across the concourse, wailing like a banshee, foot stamping, etc.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I like you ..... very much :-::-:

Realistically it's hard being yelled at for something that's not your fault and out of your control, but yes we do have to take it without answering back. However, if bad language comes into it (and it frequently does) we ask the passenger to watch the language or we'll walk away.

However, the dramatics of such incidents can be amusing sometimes. Bags thrown across the concourse, wailing like a banshee, foot stamping, etc.
If I see something happen to someone like that, where it isn't their fault and out of there control*, I will always offer to act as a witness. It's always been declined but I will do it because I can't see why they are being treated in such a way or what right they have to do it.

* Like the FGW duty manager at PAD being spat at by an irate pax.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BA235
Actually, it isn't that much fun for those of us observing it. It makes my blood boil to see some poor, hapless employee in the service industry taking a lot of flak for something that is more often than not outwith their control. But take it they apparently must. It is extremely poor behaviour to take one's anger out on those who are not in a position to answer back, as I have pointed out to the manifest irritation of fellow customers in several scenarios, including in an airport lounge. They don't like it up 'em !
Sadly i have been known to step in and ask said shouting muppet to calm things down and consider other people! (at LHR last year) i just cant stand rudeness!!!! theres a big difference between a calm gentle discussion and shouting at the top of your voice!

mid you, same thing applies when im at work, i cant stand people who shout, scream and threaten my fellow ambulance staff, and on at least 4 or 5 occasions in the last 12 months iv butted in on a patient/family member being offensive or threatening towards a nurse at our local hospitel, in one instance myself and crew mate had to restrain a drugged up fool after he had managed to get his hands on a nurse and was trying to go in for a 2nd go!

i really dont understand why people have to make a beeline for the first person in a uniform they see, and iv got to be honest with you, as a younger person its not always my fellow young people that are the problem !!!

sorry, post late shift rant over now!
cs
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Hello back from the FLounge at LGW. What a nice a friendly airport with nice a friendly employees (both BA and other) and nice and quiet passengers.
never sampled the Flounge at Gatters, but i totally agree with you regarding the airport and the employees

big ^ for Gatwick

cs
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hello from a hot and steamy LA!

Whoever said it would improve after a few glasses of bubbles was right!

CCR is a very nice lounge but I think I fell for the hype and was expecting something extraordinary which it wasnt- nice, comfy, well appointed yes extra ordinary - no!

Flight was brill we had the divine Helena Bonham-carter in 2a and Anthony Andrews an missus in 5EF obviously some awards do on!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Agree with the comments, there tends to be a bit too much hype about lounges in general. At the end of the day it's a nice seat with something decent to quaff, lounge time should be around 1 hour max - just enough time to have a drink, skim the paper and on your way.

Hiddy, agree with the atmosphere comment in FCT, it does feel a bit odd, slightly austere is my best description for it. But the private security, pa type arrangement and being driven to the plane always feels special to me. CCR feels a more cozy lounge though.

Also agree with the comment on FRA F-lounge, only been there once when connecting through so just time for a shower and breakie but excellent service and a quite cozy, small lounge. Other than that TG in BKK stands out as being pretty good.

But they are all just waiting rooms in varying degrees of comfort
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by CarolynUK
Flight was brill we had the divine Helena Bonham-carter in 2a and Anthony Andrews an missus in 5EF obviously some awards do on!
The Directors Guild Awards and Screen Actors Guild Awards are both this weekend. I guess after the Golden Globes they're the main pre-Oscar awards ceremonies in LA. So you're right!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Who ??

Seemed like you had a great trip, had too many drinks and met some movie folk in the bargain. Although they're not in the same league as some of the other big names I hope in general that the brits do well.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
Who ??

Seemed like you had a great trip, had too many drinks and met some movie folk in the bargain. Although they're not in the same league as some of the other big names I hope in general that the brits do well.
How very dare you incinerate that I had a few too many drinkie poos (hic!)

I had a very nice time - with only a moderate amount to drink followed by a nice snooze which is why I have been wide awake since 4am...... I found out the hard way that hard boozing on a plane is not a good idea! Not in any hurry to repeat the experience!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
we had the divine Helena Bonham-carter in 2a
Finally a celeb I know (and love) and who even shares my seat preference.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I'll say again, you need to write some TFTCIDs
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
I believe that would have still entitled him to advance seat assignment, which seems like a pretty good deal to me.
He was unlikely to be satisfied with just that, I thought at one point that he was going to have a coronary his face looked so odd coloured purple. I don't think it helped his mood any when the conversation was often paused as the Lounge Angel excused himself to let in those of us who were entitled to use the lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Finally a celeb I know (and love) and who even shares my seat preference.
You might not be such a fan if you like sleeping........ she was VERY noisy snorting,grunting, slurping and sneezing incessantly - quite annoying when trying to catch some zeds!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
You might not be such a fan if you like sleeping........ she was VERY noisy snorting,grunting, slurping and sneezing incessantly - quite annoying when trying to catch some zeds!
Thanks for ruining a great fantasy.

Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Thanks for ruining a great fantasy.

Am going to add to the ruining by saying that she is VERY unkept, when I saw her, I was going to offer sending her to a hotel to take a shower and clean up. Was very disappointed with how dirty she looked. And it was in PARIS, of all places...yuk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.