June sunshine

Old Jan 27, 11, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
June sunshine

I am going to burn some miles in june flying first to las vegas for the weekend then i would like to fly to a nice beach (caribbean,mexico etc.)
But i want a direct flight from las vegas if poss, to a destination i can fly B.A back to london.
Any ideas?
Old Jan 27, 11, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by dandare View Post
I am going to burn some miles in june flying first to las vegas for the weekend then i would like to fly to a nice beach (caribbean,mexico etc.)
But i want a direct flight from las vegas if poss, to a destination i can fly B.A back to london.
Any ideas?
San Diego?
Old Jan 27, 11, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I went to San Diego a couple of years back in June. It wasn't really warm enough for shorts, and I understand this phenomena (June gloom) is quite common for SoCal.

You're also into hurricane season by then although admittedly only the first part of it.

What about flying to Tampa and going somewhere on Florida's west coast? That also gives you the flexibility to get out the way if a storm does come along.

You then get BA back from TPA, MIA or MCO.
Old Jan 27, 11, 2:17 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Save yourself the hassle and just visit the beach the weather will be good, they eye candy even better and no need for flying
Old Jan 27, 11, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
If you are considering Florida
LAS-MIA on AA F will get you 180TPs to held retain Gold status. K-UP fares are usually reasonable.

Last edited by KenJohn; Jan 27, 11 at 7:46 am
Old Jan 27, 11, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn View Post
If you are considering Florida
LAS-MIA on AA F will get you 180TPs to held retain Gold status. K-UP fares are usually reasonable.
Agreed, then a short drive across Alligator Alley to Naples, where it will be warm, and have a beautiful beach. Good shopping and restaurants too!

Search this Thread