Air miles/Exec club

Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:43 pm
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Air miles/Exec club

Hi All,
My daughter is going on a school trip to New York in 3 weeks time, there are a group of 28 students & 4 teachers going. They are flying BA in WT seats LHR-EWR return.
We have a household account and I'm wondering if we can add the miles she flies to the account? The organiser has said she will let us have the ticket (or booking number), does anyone know if we can add these miles as she is part of this group booking?

Thanks in anticipation,
Lady1964
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hi,

As far as I know this is possible. You might be able to do it online with the PNR (Booking Reference) and surname or if not she can go to a checkin desk at LHR (she may be at a group checkin desk for such a big group). I have been on group bookings (normally for rugby tours!) before and have always managed to get some miles for these journeys, even if they're on heavily discounted group rates.

She will need to ensure she has her Exec Club number to take to the airport.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
You can certainly add the BAEC number to the booking, but any miles due will be based on fare paid. As this is, presumably, a group fare not sure how many you'll get.

If you can't do it before travel the check in agent can add the number when you drop off bags.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jan 26, 2011 at 1:57 pm
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks to you both for your replies.

I'll try to do it before she goes, it'll be as much as she can do to remember her passport, travellers cheques and luggage on the day, without worrying about her Exec club number lol.

Thanks again
Lady1964
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
We did this for our son when he was just over 2 so definitely possible. You need to create an exec account linked to your household account in your daughters name. Then add her number to her PNR. You'll get the miles then.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stueys
We did this for our son when he was just over 2 so definitely possible. You need to create an exec account linked to your household account in your daughters name. Then add her number to her PNR. You'll get the miles then.
We have already created an exec account for her as we're flying to Cancun in CW in July, so will add her NY trip for the miles. As Sunrisegirl has said, it's presumably a group fare so not sure how many she'll get but eventually they all add up.

Thanks
Lady1964
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:05 pm

Other option that may work is to get her to keep her boarding passes and claim the miles when she returns. The BP should have sufficient information to do this.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks again, said daughter has been asked to speak to the organising teacher at school to get the booking number/flight number and I'm sure she will keep her BP, 16 year olds tend to keep things like that for several years as mementoes of a holiday .
I will also try to speak to the teacher myself to get the number, I have already mentioned it to her and she is aware that we'd like it.
Thanks again, you've been very helpful.
Lady1964

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.