FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   First class meals LHR-ORD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1176972-first-class-meals-lhr-ord.html)

mamlewis Jan 26, 2011 10:07 am

First class meals LHR-ORD

I'm flying first class LHR-ORD on BA 297 Departing at 15.25. I'm usually on the earlier flight in First and so we get lunch and afternoon tea. My question is as the 297 departs mid afternoon would you get afternoon tea and then dinner. Just curious wondering if anyone who has flown that know.

Thanks

CarolynUK Jan 26, 2011 11:40 am

intrigued to know the set up too - I'm on a mid afternoon departure to LA tomorrow and was wondering the same as you!!

ardboe Jan 26, 2011 11:43 am

As far as Im aware you get your dinner first then afternoon tea. I can remember doing LAX last year with afternoon tea being served at around 10-11pm UK time.

thegoderic Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by ardboe (Post 15739785)
As far as Im aware you get your dinner first then afternoon tea. I can remember doing LAX last year with afternoon tea being served at around 10-11pm UK time.

Of course, being in F, you can eat what you want when you want it, so if you really want Tea first and then Dinner, just ask.

OPebble Jan 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I have done LHR > SEA which leaves an hour before your flight and it was a full lunch followed by tea at midnight UK, ISTR.

NA-Flyer Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by OPebble (Post 15741005)
I have done LHR > SEA which leaves an hour before your flight and it was a full lunch followed by tea at midnight UK, ISTR.

I had done many times LHR-YYZ in F class last summer leaving almost the same time as ORD and SEA flights and I can confirm that I had full lunch service right after departure and prior to arrival I had the after noon tea service

babunny Jan 27, 2011 3:47 am

just checked with hubby as he was on that flight in F last week and it is indeed Late lunch and then afternoon tea.

But he ate in the CCR first, had soup and a slice of cheese. Big Sleep and Afternoon tea. As this kind of kept him in his eating routine.

(Does anyone else do that? Keep strict eating timings to help with the jet lag?? - Hubby drives me crazy with it, but he's had 30 years more practice over me!)

Hoch Jan 27, 2011 6:29 am

As a semi-regular LHR to PHX traveller, it leaves 15 minutes before ORD. For as long as I can remember,
it has always been lunch followed by afternoon tea prior to arrival. I suspect it is the same for ORD. It
may be worth to take advantage of dine when you want, or as others have suggested eat in the CCR.

H

ardboe Jan 27, 2011 6:34 am

Does the afternoon tea service be served on the likes of late flights (after say 6pm) to JFK and BOS?

babunny Jan 27, 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ardboe (Post 15745339)
Does the afternoon tea service be served on the likes of late flights (after say 6pm) to JFK and BOS?

You will be served Dinner and then a sandwich snack about an hour before landing instead of the full afternoon tea.

mamlewis Jan 28, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to the flight hoping i get NF also.