Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ORD-LHR LGW-MLE (and return) First class or Club World?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Any suggestions on whether I should use my companion certificate on club world, or continue to save a bit for First? I've never flown anything but domestic first, so either would be awesome, but want to get some feedback on whether it's worth the extra 90k miles (though it'd be only 45k apiece with the companion cert, technically)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: Back to BAEC Gold
Don't know if this will help you decide but LGW-MLE is a 3 class 777 so no First on that leg.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Northern_Flyer
Don't know if this will help you decide but LGW-MLE is a 3 class 777 so no First on that leg.

That's what i thought too, but I think itll be a 4 class soon:

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/94/Bri...LGW-MLE-1005-/
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ken7
That's what i thought too, but I think itll be a 4 class soon:
According to BA it won't.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Any suggestions on whether I should use my companion certificate on club world, or continue to save a bit for First? I've never flown anything but domestic first, so either would be awesome, but want to get some feedback on whether it's worth the extra 90k miles (though it'd be only 45k apiece with the companion cert, technically)
just a quick note on your routing, but instead of ORD-LHR LGW-MLE why not try ORD-MCO-LGW-MLE, however im not sure that the connection time would work at LGW even though aa would sell you a ticket!

you could also try connecting at LGW from BGI, BDA, TPA etc, basically to avoid the hassle of a transfer LHR to LGW, unless your planning on a stopover in London

cs
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
just a quick note on your routing, but instead of ORD-LHR LGW-MLE why not try ORD-MCO-LGW-MLE, however im not sure that the connection time would work at LGW even though aa would sell you a ticket!

you could also try connecting at LGW from BGI, BDA, TPA etc, basically to avoid the hassle of a transfer LHR to LGW, unless your planning on a stopover in London

cs
Planning on a stopover in london on one of the directions at least; but that's a good idea on the MCO routing.

Any idea if BA would allow that routing with the 2-4-1 cert/with miles? Have a feeling that they'd make me do the ORD-LHR LGW-MLE.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Any idea if BA would allow that routing with the 2-4-1 cert/with miles? Have a feeling that they'd make me do the ORD-LHR LGW-MLE.
BA flights only I believe.

CW is a decent product so you'll still enjoy the experience. Getting availability on the MLE route will be tough though.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Planning on a stopover in london on one of the directions at least; but that's a good idea on the MCO routing.

as far as i am aware as long as you can find reward seats available and build a trip that offers legal connections.

ba.com will no doubt give you this option as a thru ticket even if you satisfy the above but the call centre will be able to do it for you and shouldnt charge you the offline booking fee if the website cant or wont offer the routing for you.

availability could be harder to find ex LGW as there are only very limited American flights and these are popular holiday destinations, but if you can find the seats available, ba can do it on one ticket. think that the trick is to search each sector and then phone.

cs
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

See this is what tells me I probably can't do an ORD-MCO-LGW-MLE, but then again if others have done it via talking to a CSR, I'll give that a shot.

13.11 Awards for travel will only be issued to and from destinations served by British Airways and/or Airline Partners designated at the time the ticket is issued and also at the time the ticket is used. The most direct routing must be taken.

13.12 Awards are based on round trip travel between origin and destination using the most direct route possible.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:15 pm

See this is what tells me I probably can't do an ORD-MCO-LGW-MLE, but then again if others have done it via talking to a CSR, I'll give that a shot.

13.11 Awards for travel will only be issued to and from destinations served by British Airways and/or Airline Partners designated at the time the ticket is issued and also at the time the ticket is used. The most direct routing must be taken.

13.12 Awards are based on round trip travel between origin and destination using the most direct route possible.
i suppose its down to how you decide what the most direct route is !

even if you ignore ORD and book your own paid connecting flight down to that departure point it could be easier than having to worry about getting from one side of London to another!

however LHR has a really nice arrivals lounge, and if your having a stopover on the way out and not the return you could book via LHR outward and LGW inward

cs
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
To use the companion cert, it has to be all BA metal, doesn't it?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:51 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beachfan
To use the companion cert, it has to be all BA metal, doesn't it?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.