Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Lounge LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

First Lounge LHR T5

Does anyone have any experience of a First passenger being able to take spouse and 1 child into the First lounge when spouse and child are in CW?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
According to the rules I do not believe this is possible for CCR or F lounge.

I think there is a children's play area in Galleries Club lounge and the facilities are quite good as far as lounges go anyway, so I would recommend all of you go to the Galleries Clubrather than trying for anything that you are not entitled to according to the BA's lounge access rules.

Edited to add: my comment assumes that the non-F traveller is not an OWE/GCH. If he/she is, then everyone can enter GF but not CCR. Since the non-F travellers are in CW, they can access GC in their own right in any case, hence my recommendation for using GC.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jan 24, 2011 at 7:37 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
You are only entitled to take 1 guest into the F lounge with you
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Can a GCH/OWE take more than one guest into the Club lounge?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Just one guest per GCH/OWE.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
No, one only, I believe. But since the OP is in F, and the spouse and child are in CW, they can all get into GC, but only the F traveller + one guest to F/CCR, assuming that the non-F traveller is not a GCH/OWE. If the non-F traveller is a GCH/OWE, then everyone can get into GF but not CCR.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Just one guest per GCH/OWE.
Thanks. That's what I always thought it was, but the above comment seemed to imply that the Club lounges had a more liberal guest policy than F lounges.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold,HHilton Diamond VIP,Intercontinental Ambass,Amex
I have taken me and 2 children into First class lounge and I'm Gold all of us flying Economy to Italy. But I think I was let in rather than risking me kicking up a fuss.

She did say that I shouldn't be allowed to have two guests.

There is a kids room just past the first coffee machine in the dining area.

I am very respectfully of the children in first and we usually sit out on the terrace if they don't want to be in the kids room so we are not disturbing everyone else.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I did this twice. On each occasion I asked if I could go in and then come out and my wife go in while I look after my daughter. The BA lady suggested why don't we all go in together.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I've been in a similar situation before and simply went to GF and was honest to the BA Staff who allowed my daughter (aged 7) access as a second guest. I would never dream of trying to bend the rules for a second adult guest, but in my experience, particularly where the lounge is not busy, the staff will exercise some discretion for a well behaved child on the basis that both parents are 'entitled'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.