Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bit OT: Recommendation for hotel at JFK (overnight transit stop)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:36 pm
FF
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)

We get in to JFK at 2240 on the BA183 and out again at 0730 the following morning. Any suggestions where's the most convenient / clean / quiet / good quality hotel to stay in or very near the airport?

Someone recommended the Holiday Inn Express but won't be staying there until next week.

Ta much, FF
Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, Mileage junkie, Four Seasons seeker, brings the kids in F club
Originally Posted by FF
We get in to JFK at 2240 on the BA183 and out again at 0730 the following morning. Any suggestions where's the most convenient / clean / quiet / good quality hotel to stay in or very near the airport?

Someone recommended the Holiday Inn Express but won't be staying there until next week.

Ta much, FF

frankly its slim pickins if you want anything nice....

We went cheapo the first time we did it and found our hotel a bit grim - I think it was a quality inn or something like that level. Last time we flew in and called the Sheraton from the info phone and stayed there which was much nicer (plus they offer room service till 11pm which is critical as there is literally nothing around there). I think they only charged us just over $115 for the night...

Be aware that taking the hotel shuttles is kind of annoying as you have to take the skytrain to the place where you catch them. We took a cab last time as we had the baby with us and it was really late. Should have heard the cab driver complaining as he was expecting a fare into Manhattan.

edit: oops you would probably miss room service anyway....if you think you are going to be hungry maybe you should call a few off the trip advisor list and see who serves later and choose that way...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
I'd second the above recommendation for the Sheraton. I was involuntarily rerouted to JFK on the same BA flight during the December snow chaos, connecting onwards at 8:30am the next morning.

Stayed at the Sheraton (made a reservation before departing LHR). Free and easy transit to the hotel took me about 15 mins door to door: the AirTrain from T7 to Federal Circle, from where I took the shuttle to the Sheraton. Room was nice, clean and comfy (was upgraded to a Club room as I checked in pretty late - everything else must have been occupied). Can't comment on room service as kitchen closed 15 mins after I arrived.

In the morning, the shuttle (leaves every 30 mins from hotel) will take you directly to your terminal in ~10 mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.