LCY Lounge - Strict?

Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

LCY Lounge - Strict?

Hi,

in the Dashboard it says that the LCY "lounge" is usable by CW passengers only.

Does anyone know if they will extend this to Silvers at all, or is it strictly CW please?

Cheers,
Karen
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It isn't really a lounge just a glammed up waiting area for CWLCY passengers. It certainly isn't intended for anyone else.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lawrenson1
Hi,

in the Dashboard it says that the LCY "lounge" is usable by CW passengers only.

Does anyone know if they will extend this to Silvers at all, or is it strictly CW please?

Cheers,
Karen
The LCY lounge is really the boarding gate area for the LCY-JFK flights. The only way to access it is as a passenger these flights. It is nothing special, with nice seating, a small self serve bar and light snacks - I think fruit and chips when I was there - no sandwiches, etc. Everyone on the flight has access to it as it is an J service.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It isn't really a lounge just a glammed up waiting area for CWLCY passengers. It certainly isn't intended for anyone else.
I don't think you can get into it unless you are on BA001 or BA003 as it is the holding pen for those flights, just by the door from which you walk out to the aircraft.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You won't get in if you're not travelling to New York - it is not a general BA lounge, it is not even a real lounge, it is simply a normal departure gate with a table of food in it and some magazines!. LCY doesn't have any lounges at all, per se.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
You won't get in if you're not travelling to New York - it is not a general BA lounge, it is not even a real lounge, it is simply a normal departure gate with a table of food in it and some magazines!. LCY doesn't have any lounges at all, per se.
So that raises the question, given the expansion at LCY, shouldn't there be a lounge now? I'm coming in from AMS in a couple of weeks and have around an hour. I'd like a coffee and something to drink and bite to eat. Others must be in the same boat (or plane) as me
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:21 pm

Been in it may a time, flying up to EDI. Its sometimes used for other departures too not just the NYC flights. TBH you'd barely notice.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
I'd like a coffee and something to drink and bite to eat. Others must be in the same boat (or plane) as me
You can have a coffee and something to eat from one of the several bars and restaurants at LCY. You'll just have to pay for it!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
You can have a coffee and something to eat from one of the several bars and restaurants at LCY. You'll just have to pay for it!
What a preposterous suggestion.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
LCY was never really intended to be a transit airport, although as both BA and CityJet (AF) have a significant network there some people will end up connecting.

It's point to point where LCY really shines, you can check in very close to departure and on arrival luggage is very quick (if you've checked bags) and it's only a few minutes walk to the taxi rank and DLR.

A proper lounge may not be feasible as I'm sure there's a higher percentage of elites in all alliances compared to the larger airports, LCY is particularly geared up to the short haul business traveller - and with the CWLCY service even some of the longer haul.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Been in it may a time, flying up to EDI. Its sometimes used for other departures too not just the NYC flights. TBH you'd barely notice.
Do they have the refreshments out then?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by hsmall
Do they have the refreshments out then?
No, but then you're only in the pen for 5mins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.