Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Miles booking using someone else's payment card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles booking using someone else's payment card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:12 am

Payment of taxes/fees and charges must be made on a card in the name of the executive club members regardless of who the passenger is.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by James S

Is there a way that you can use someone else's credit card to pay for a miles booking from youir account?

James
As I said earlier we paid with my wife's credit card which has a different surname than the one on her ticket. I expected it to be rejected but it wasn't.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I suppose it helps if the address of the credit card is the same as that of the BAEC account?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn
I suppose it helps if the address of the credit card is the same as that of the BAEC account?
In our case it isn't.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by HIDDY
As I said earlier we paid with my wife's credit card which has a different surname than the one on her ticket. I expected it to be rejected but it wasn't.
So when you get to the payment page and you see the various credit card logos, you also see the BAEC account holder's name hard keyed? So you typed in the credit card number of a card with a different name to the account holder and it went through?

I could have tried using my friend's card I suppose but in the end it was simpler and quicker just to use my own.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:40 am

No reason why the payment will not go through if the card is not in members name however the booking itself in BA systems will not show as third party and therefore passenger may be asked to present card at some point which could cause problems.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by cbagent
No reason why the payment will not go through if the card is not in members name however the booking itself in BA systems will not show as third party and therefore passenger may be asked to present card at some point which could cause problems.
Which would not have been a problem in this instance as the person who is travelling tonight using my miles wanted to pay for the taxes using his card which he would be able to present at checkin.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by James S
So when you get to the payment page and you see the various credit card logos, you also see the BAEC account holder's name hard keyed? So you typed in the credit card number of a card with a different name to the account holder and it went through?

I could have tried using my friend's card I suppose but in the end it was simpler and quicker just to use my own.
Yes just as you say.

I assumed it wouldn't work but it did.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:12 am

The point is that the members name will be prefilled as the payment card holder and cannot be changed..this is in accordance with the BA policy that the member should make payment for the tax etc element on a mileage booking....the card details that are then entered for payment will then be processed in the same way as any other payment on ba.com and the ticket will be issued. In addition to this potentially causing problems at check in with regard to 3rd party transactions it is worth bearing in mind that the website is worded in certain ways for very good reason and as mentioned on previous posts executive accounts are subject to audit
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
It would probably be simpler and safer for you to pay the charges when you make the miles booking and ask your friend to pay you back when you see him / her.

Last edited by pomkiwi; Jan 21, 2011 at 9:28 am Reason: avoiding gender assumption :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.