Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked my first trip in First Class (with BA Miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked my first trip in First Class (with BA Miles)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
For the record, The Melting Pot is available in most US cities, although it is very tasty.

I'll be having my first F experience with my wife this August.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
I'll be having my first F experience with my wife this August.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:10 am

I know the BA website says that you can ask for your turn down service at any time of the day in 1st - but it would seem a bit grabby to ask for the PJ's during a daytime flight (especially if you then didn't wear them and sleep) - but I'd quite like a souvenier of my first class experience but as both flights are all daytime thought it might be a bit strange to ask - what do you think ?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by janed9388
I know the BA website says that you can ask for your turn down service at any time of the day in 1st - but it would seem a bit grabby to ask for the PJ's during a daytime flight (especially if you then didn't wear them and sleep) - but I'd quite like a souvenier of my first class experience but as both flights are all daytime thought it might be a bit strange to ask - what do you think ?
The PJ's are handed out to pax after boarding and it doesn't matter whether it's a day flight or not. They are not much of a souvenier due to the fact they are not the best quality material and are usually too big and baggy.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:25 am
me2
Original Poster

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Where to stay in boston

I have started a new post in the correct part of the forum for this question

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...l#post17074504

----------------------------------------

Does anybody have views on the best place to stay with kids (under 12) in Boston please ?

Ideally we would like to find some sort of serviced apartment as this would allow us to eat some meals there ?

Otherwise a centrally located hotel

Please advise thoughts

thanks

PS - happy to move this post if in wrong place

Last edited by me2; Sep 8, 2011 at 5:32 am Reason: started separate post in more relevant place !
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Hey

Not sure how much planning you have done for your trip but I can recomend the Go Boston cards for your visit. My husband and I are currently living over here whilst he is on secondment for his company and we have had so many visitors and by far the best was of exploring the area was with my parents when we ordered online these cards- access to so many places!!

My recomendations are to visit Salem and do a walking tour in the evening (we have done the hocus pocus one 4 times with various visiting relatives as the woman who runs the tour is a wonderful story teller!). You can get to salem by car from boston or there is a ferry.

If you have a car a drive down to cape cod is a must, and you can break up your journey with a visit to plimoth plantation (which is a recreation of the English village set up by the settlers on the mayflower- you can also see the mayflower 2 in plymoth).

Boston science museum is great and the newly renovated planaterium is amazing- a great place to visit with children.

I have fallen in love with my new 'home' and can recomend many great places to visit.

Jen
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:17 pm
me2
Original Poster

Programs: BA SPG Gold
Thanks very much for the suggestions

Yes Salem is on our agenda (especially as it will be near to halloween) and I will check out the Go Boston card
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by toothpick
I would suggest getting to LHR as early as you can, get your luggage checked in, head straight to the Elemis Spa reception to book a facial on the massage chair (or whatever other treatment you prefer - I love their facials and find them great preparation for the drying cabin climate).
And I find the attack from the massage chair good preparation for extreme turbulence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.