FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Help!!!Is 80mins enough for a T5-T5 connection? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1173791-help-80mins-enough-t5-t5-connection.html)

Gra225 Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am

Help!!!Is 80mins enough for a T5-T5 connection?

I am going to travel from EDI-LHR-HKG on BA, 3rd March...and I only got 80mins for the connection(landed at LHR at 19:35 and the connection flight will be at 20:55)...checked from the Heathrow website, there will be only 3 steps for the whole domestic to international connection (Land--> Ready to Fly--> Depart)....so will that be enough????????????

and my ticket is not changeable, but I am so worry right now!!:( should I try going to the airport earlier and standby for an earlier flight?

Thank you so so much for any reply!!!

OPebble Jan 18, 2011 9:37 am

MCT for T5 > T5 is 1 hour.
So provided EDI isn't snowed in you should be OK.

If you are on one ticket than if your ex-EDI flight is late it is BA's problem to get you to HKG.

PS Welcome to FT!

Gra225 Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks for your quick reply!
but should I give a try for the standby?

Jenbel Jan 18, 2011 10:09 am

80 minutes is fine for a domestic connection - all you have to do is go through a boarding pass check to make sure they've checked your passport and have any required API. No security,since that was done at EDI. It should only take about 10-15 minutes (possibly slightly longer if you are bussed and don't get a gate) - once you've had your BP checked, then you just walk straight through to departures.

They are unlikely to let you standby on an earlier flight.

Gra225 Jan 18, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks a lot Jenbel! Fingerxxx that there won't be any delay for the EDI flight!!

Sixth Freedom Jan 18, 2011 10:52 am

Welcome to FT Gra225. ^

I am sure that you will be fine. But if you are not then as long as you are on one ticket BA will have to pull out the stops to get you to HKG in good time in the same cabin class.

I assume that since your ticket is non-changeable that you are booked to travel in either F or CW. Enjoy the flight! :)

Prospero Jan 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Gra225,

Fear not, flight connections from UK Domestic to International are painless and quick. It takes all of 5 minutes to get from the airbridge to the departures hall. Domestic passengers are very, very rarely bused to arrivals.

If your incoming flight is horribly late, BA's transfer team should be there to whisk you through the terminal to the gate of your connecting flight.

FlyerTalker6245 Jan 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 15683356)
Fear not, flight connections from UK Domestic to International are painless and quick. It takes all of 5 minutes to get from the airbridge to the departures hall. Domestic passengers are very, very rarely bused to arrivals.

Has happened to me, but only once.

merrickdb Jan 18, 2011 12:12 pm

I've done T-3 to T-5 with an 85-minute connection and still had time to order breakfast in the T-5 BA First lounge. You'll be fine.

Prospero Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191 (Post 15683371)
Has happened to me, but only once.

My score is twice out of about fifty domestic arrivals. The first time I was on the same flight as Jenbel, the second I arrived off a 747-400 which parked at T5B :)

Gra225 Jan 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Thank you everyone for all your kindly help!!! ^
I feel much more relieve now!
Cheers*******