Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Boarding pass shows QF number but miles go to BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:48 am
formerly Fly-Swiss
Original Poster

Programs: SQ

This is an odd thing that happened to me. I normally trust what the BP says and have always worked so far.
I had a flight on BA, originally booked on BA.com with EC number. Now, at the checkin I specifically requested miles to be credited to my QF account. It then showed on the BP: QF/XXXXXXX.

Surprisingly the miles were posted on BA and not QF. Could someone explains that ?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
This is an odd thing that happened to me. I normally trust what the BP says and have always worked so far.
I had a flight on BA, originally booked on BA.com with EC number. Now, at the checkin I specifically requested miles to be credited to my QF account. It then showed on the BP: QF/XXXXXXX.

Surprisingly the miles were posted on BA and not QF. Could someone explains that ?
Most booking systems have two fields for frequent flyer data: FQTS for Status and FQTV for mileage. Looks like one of yours got changed on check in, but not the one you wanted.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
This has happened to me a number of times - in my experience if an EC number gets anywere near your booking then it sticks and the miles will go there.

For me, most often miles credit correctly to QF on the outbound sector, but go to BA for the return leg.

There are apparently a few different ways an FF number can be associated with a booking, such as :
* Status
* Earning

I hear the simplest way is to ask an agent to completely remove all FF information from your booking and then re-add the QF details and all should be fine.

Last edited by bdmaus; Jan 9, 2011 at 8:01 am Reason: SNAP! (I am sure that didn't take me 20 mins to write)
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:04 am
formerly Fly-Swiss
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Thanks both.
crazy to see that check-in agents cannot even do that properly. I'll avoid mixing FF numbers next time...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Yes good idea not to mix the numbers, it can be difficult to get it sorted out subsequently in my experience.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:04 pm

I've had this happen in the past when I had a BA booking, but specifically wanted a flight or two credited to AA in order to keep my status there watered. The system really doesn't seem equipped to deal with last minute changes, for whatever reason.

If it's important to you, both airlines were reasonably accommodating when I called in after the fact... BA was able to reverse the BAEC earning, and AA was (and in your case, QF should be) able to process the flight as a "missing mileage credit" after the fact.

On the other hand, if it's not that important to you, leave it as it is and save yourself the time it would take to follow up.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
Yes - it can take two or three separate faxes to BAEC to get them to remove a flight from your account...

I wonder if they can do it via email these days? :-)
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by bdmaus
Yes - it can take two or three separate faxes to BAEC to get them to remove a flight from your account...

I wonder if they can do it via email these days? :-)
I don't think I had to send a fax... I think I did it through the web site - I do have an old email reply from BAEC confirming deletion of the flight that had been credited to BAEC instead of AAdvantage. I was Gold, if that made any difference.

It all took some time, but wasn't that hard to do. This was three years ago, so maybe it's gotten harder... :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.