Wiki Posts
Search

GC renewal policy? (10 TPs short)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold
GC renewal policy? (10 TPs short)

I will be 10 Tier Points short of renewing my GC and wondered if anyone could offer advice or recent experiences as to grace periods for renewals (or point me to a thread I may have missed).

My BA GC membership year ends 08 Feb 2011 (card expiry date: 31 Mar 2011). This year I have collected 700 Tier Points and a few flights later in the month will bring me to 790.

This will leave me 10 TPs short of the EU 800 TP threshold.

I have heard reports that some cards have been automatically renewed as compensation for the disruptions this year (ash, strikes…).

After calling into the Gold line I was told that I would be renewed should my card expire tomorrow, but they were unable to guarantee how long this policy would be extended. This seems to indicate I would stand a good chance…

Does anyone know if I am likely to be automatically renewed—or if I should endeavor to collect a few extra points?

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited by ZKLHR; Jan 8, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Well I asked and was given a definite no to 580TPs and threw in the Ash, the strikes, the fact I had stuck with BA during the xmas strikes, I was a shareholder etc etc. I didnt get any compo like others did during the Xmas strikes either.

Not sure where you are based, but you can pick up a domestic flight on BA or any partner for about £35 one way. Is it really worth hoping they may renew it?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: BA
Errr, 800-780= 20, doesn't it?!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Take a UK Domestic or Euro Traveller flight and save yourself the worry.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by globalste
Well I asked and was given a definite no to 580TPs and threw in the Ash, the strikes, the fact I had stuck with BA during the xmas strikes, I was a shareholder etc etc. I didnt get any compo like others did during the Xmas strikes either.

Not sure where you are based, but you can pick up a domestic flight on BA or any partner for about £35 one way. Is it really worth hoping they may renew it?
Very disappointing when some posters have stated recently that their status has been renewed at Silver (and Gold IIRC) without stepping aboard a BA or even OW flight in the preceeding 12 months, apparently.....

Originally Posted by Genius1
Take a UK Domestic or Euro Traveller flight and save yourself the worry.
Probably very good advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.