Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Award Booking with Partner Airline (online)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond

Is it not possible to see IB/AA flights when looking for award tickets online? I'm checking for BOS-MAD and no routing through JFK is showing up. And when I check JFK-MAD it's only showing me routings through LHR. (seems strange given that both AA and IB have direct flights) I'm trying to see if I can get the taxes/fees down by avoiding LHR (generally an AA flyer and don't have much experience booking on BA).

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
There should be a button on BA.com to "include partners" but generally ba.com is not too good when it comes to including partner awards. The best way to get those is by calling. You should mention that you couldn't do it online and they will waive the offline booking fee!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Hang on, which website are you booking on and with what miles?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by globalste
Hang on, which website are you booking on and with what miles?
ba.com with BA miles.

I recall in the past that when the day that I requested wasn't available a calendar would appear with available dates and "include partner airlines" on the left. But for the searches I'm trying today only BA metal options are available and I can't see any option to include partners.

I guess I'll just call them.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Ok there is one PAINFULLY slow way to get those partner awards on BA.com

You have to choose a date where there is no availability for BA but availability for partner airlines and it should be something like November 16 2011 far in the future....BA.com should now give you the option to include partners. Click on that button and BA shows partner awards. From that page you have to "click your way" through to your desired date (you have to press this button "check availability for up to 7 days earlier") ...day after day...it is really slow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.