Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in a spiral

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:25 am
Suspended

For those with webbed hands it is possible to pour a glass of wine back into a small screw top bottle.
The motives ? A glass of red sat on your table for 30 minutes, that you aren't going to drink ? Easiest way to give it back to the crew ? pour into bottle , screw back up and get crew to put it in bin.
I see this place is unlikely to improve in 2011.
As mentioned, the OP has just brought up many concerns previously raised.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Given how long a tray can sit in Y, waiting to be collected, I'm not that surprised the OP took steps to make it safe and non-spillable.

For all you doubting that it can be done.. never done it with wine, but I've recanted other liquids into their bottles without too much difficulty. The issue isn't the bottle, it's whether the container you are pouring from has a clean pour. If it pours cleanly, no problem getting it into the mouth of a bottle.

And my, aren't some regulars grumpy today - overindulge last night did we? I don't think it's hard to believe that the OP had a bad flight...
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I've experienced all of the elements the OP describes in the last year. The difference for me is that the number of bad experiences has been outweighed by the good (especially staff and crew where my experiences have been superb in the last 6 months).
Have you flown the BGI LGW route (J). Now theres an experience.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC, SK *G, Hyatt GP Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Given how long a tray can sit in Y, waiting to be collected, I'm not that surprised the OP took steps to make it safe and non-spillable.

For all you doubting that it can be done.. never done it with wine, but I've recanted other liquids into their bottles without too much difficulty. The issue isn't the bottle, it's whether the container you are pouring from has a clean pour. If it pours cleanly, no problem getting it into the mouth of a bottle.

And my, aren't some regulars grumpy today - overindulge last night did we? I don't think it's hard to believe that the OP had a bad flight...
As for non spillable.. Not sure how that works in Y - sorry. I should leave this thread alone

Well, not sure about the the regulars, I havent found anyone to be grumpy really - but personally I did overindulge which is why Im awake at 2am HST! its getting close to bedtime The OP may very well have had a bad flight, but overall his/her report just sounds strange, like something isnt adding up.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by half pint
I see this place is unlikely to improve in 2011.
It looks that way...........

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2011 at 6:59 am Reason: correct attribution
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A lot of pent-up aggression to start the year!!

My analysis ... Ferrari may be a cricket fan, as suggested earlier. He's stuffed down the back of the jet, and given poor food and wine. He's drawn the short straw of crew who have spent the holidays down-route, and may not be performing at their best [for a variety of reasons]. He also has the prospect of watching Oz get thrashed back home in SYD

I leave the glass-bottle-bottle-glass trick to those with experience of the dirty habit, with a tip of my hat to the late Tommy Cooper.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Ferrari
...it was a foolish mistake to take the chance on something British while the country is in such a mess.
Sorry to hear you've had such a shocking flight and would have filled in a comment card on board or at least send in a customer services complaint via the website.

That said, there's no need to take a dig about a country, even if it is old Blighty
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:34 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
This thread encapsulates two things IMHO

1. How newcomers are frequently treated by some regulars.
2. How any folks daring to criticise BA are treated.

And it is only January 1st....

Happy New Year
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BOH

Happy New Year
Edit: But the OP is not a newcomer - he has over 2,000 posts. Maybe just a newcomer to this board.

But he's come along with attitude, aggression, rudeness and breaking FT rules. Not the best way to behave as I well know.

I wonder how many others fly BA for the first time and have a good/bad experience but never come near FT to broadcast their anger or joy. Thousands.

Often attitude breeds attitude and it would be interesting to hear the crew version of this story. Remember there are always three sides - one, the other and the truth - which usually lies somewhere in the middle.

What concerns me far more are the reports surrounding the 767's as I know some of the people reporting their faults, etc are genuinely some of BA's most frequent and loyal travellers who know what they're talking about and report honestly and without dramatics.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jan 1, 2011 at 6:36 am
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by BOH

Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you too. On a more positive note, there has even been a rather civilized thread about children in F, so maybe we are evolving.

Also, one reaps what one sows and c'est la ton qui fait la musique. Also for the OP.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My "cobblers" comment still stands.

Every airline is capable of delivering dodgy service on the odd occasion....even the best.
Most people get on with life and put it down as one of those things. The OP was in Y and expecting far too much. By the sound of it he was in a negative frame of mind as soon as soon as he stepped on board.

I might have had more understanding and even agreed with him if he had left out the "full nose dive" as well as the "country in a mess" comments...both unnecessary in my opinion.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOH

Happy New Year
I'm relatively new so not in a position to comment on board trends with any authority, I will say that the hostility to a relatively innocuous post by a seasoned FT user surprised me though.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by stueys
I'm relatively new so not in a position to comment on board trends with any authority, I will say that the hostility to a relatively innocuous post by a seasoned FT user surprised me though.
I did not see it as hostility at all. More a bit of playful banter. No offense was intended to the OP, at least not by me.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CT-UK
It looks that way...........
probably

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2011 at 6:53 am Reason: correct attribution
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by half pint
probably
Why have you changed CT-UK's name in the quote?
Why are you trying to call him that disgusting word.

He's a thoroughly decent person who is a great supporter of the BA charity Dreamflight.

Edit: I think I see why but the word you've used is disgusting and utterly uncalled for. Jeez if this is how it's going to be in 2011 .......

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jan 1, 2011 at 6:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.