Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in a spiral

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
As far as IFE is concerned - I have to beg to differ a little. I came home from the Carribean (via USA) and enjoyed "Made in Dagenham" on the aircraft - I thought that the offering was not brilliant in the main. However after the tripe shown on AA and CO - this is where I do differ but you speak of UA and this is doubtless differ. My tastes may be different but then as some here will testify my transition to solid food was made far too long ago!
Pucci, my issue isn't so much with the content, more the quality of the system. As you know, most of the 777s don't have AVOD which is just a little bit last-century. And on my return leg, three of the looped channels were unwatchable either due to a bad picture or faulty sound. Content is a case of different strokes for different folks, but FWIW, I also loved Made in Dagenham and even quite liked Tamara Drewe

Originally Posted by redtailshark
But overall I wouldn't say that BA's AVOD selection is anything to write home about.
If only they had AVOD on the 777s.......
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:53 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
If only they had AVOD on the 777s.......
But at least some of them do. YMMC - a 772 - had a system that responded to user inputs to select and control audio and video programs - stop, start, rewind, etc.

That's AVOD.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AARP
Smile Finally!

Over the past two evenings, I have read this entire thread. A sad commentary on a life, as Pucci would note, "far removed from the days of transition to solid food". For a complaint that involved a bad glass of wine, vast amounts of unrelated, bur nonetheless interesting, commentary has been spilled

Re: bad wine. Why not merely hand the bottle to the FA with the request: Please pour this back in the cat?

Re: Canadians for being Canadians. Alternatively: Canadians for being condescending...and the alliteration maintains.

Re: the sniffing comment about people who use upgrades for the "trip of a lifetime in F" struck a chord. Mrs. N and I made one of those last May. From my increasingly myopic point of view, that statement could fairly be labeled "Canadian"...oops...condescending. We plan another such trip in mid-January
and another in October . Should you happen to be so unfortunate as as to be scheduled on any of our flights, no worries, the "trip of a lifetime" topic will not be broached by us.

Nesbytes
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well you can always do a trip report on here for everyone else to see.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Having used AA more and more over the past few years I long for the days of BA IFE. If we just look at the Comedy section of TV, BA will have 20 episodes of 6 or 7 different shows, at least. AA has something like 8 episodes from 4 shows and these rarely get changed. Movies are the same situation, made even worse on AA as their AV is not strictly on demand, films are in a loop

I think BA does a good job on their IFE although in fairness I have never had a bad experience with non-functioning or partially functioning equipment. The only criticism I could make is that when you use noise canceling headphones (Bose QC3 ) even the first volume level is a little high, but this is only an issue when I watch TV to sleep

Anyway, back on BA117 next Saturday and looking forward to it, especially before my AA domestic flights
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:23 pm

Mini-TR BOS-LHR-Cd

Originally Posted by origin
Well you can always do a trip report on here for everyone else to see.
Having lurked here for a number of years, attempting
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:50 pm

Angry Darn,

Originally Posted by nesbytes
Having lurked here for a number of years, attempting
Just typed 6 paragraphs about our BOS-LHR-CDG trip this month, skipped over to check some quotes and, when I returned, the above quote is all that remained of my labors. There is ample reason to support my association with the International Fraternity of Luddites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.