Search

Query - Miles & Upgrade / redeem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC blue, Hilton Honours Silver
Query - Miles & Upgrade / redeem

Just a quick query -

I understand if I redeem my BA miles to get a flight then I wouldn't get any tier points or miles on this reward flight.

My query is if I booked via the money & upgrade with BA miles - would this flight give me miles and tier points?

I'm looking at a flight LHR 25/03 -NYC 01/04 - in club world. So not sure if I should buy the T class Wt+ and upgrade afterwards with my miles or use the money/upgrade with miles option? Does it make any difference?

Thanks for the advice!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
You get miles/TPs for the class you pay for with money. So if you fly on a full redemption you get 0/0. If you by WT+ and upgrade to CW you get the miles/TPs for WT+.

Money + miles is basically a way to buy a redemption ticket with fewer miles but it is still a redemption booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.