Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation what refund, no long haul ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF FB Platinum, BA EC Gold, StarGold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Amex Centurion
Compensation what refund, no long haul ?

Hello,

i was booked for a R/T Saturday 18th til Tuesday 21st CDG-LHR-EWR-LHR-CDG.

The prerouting on Sat morning got cancelled, and BA phoned me and put me on an AF flight friday night so i could take the LHR<>EWR flight still planned the next morning. Flight to EWR got of course cancelled at 8h45am on saturday morning...

I will let alone the rest of the story about rebooking on other airlines, which didn't leave etc....

Basically i was left stranded in LHR with no flights bringing me back to Paris. I took the train + ferry + cab + train.

Will BA refund me the WHOLE ticket, or not the first CDG - LHR part since i flew it. Even if it didnt make sense since it was just a prerouting flight...

Can i claim fees of Train + cab + train + ferry for getting me back to my starting point, since they couldnt bring me back until after the 24th ?

Thanks for the information...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.