FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   British Airways new routes (and changes) for 2011 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1159941-british-airways-new-routes-changes-2011-a.html)

EK flyer Dec 14, 2010 12:10 pm

British Airways new routes (and changes) for 2011

In regard to the recent route announcements of British Airways - ranging from Chambéry, Tokyo Haneda, Paris Orly, Marrakesh, San Juan and San Diego - I ask me if they will introduce even more destinations this year. This thread is meant for collecting both: information and speculation.

DYKWIA Dec 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh gawd, this will end up like the EK thread... one or two people posting factual information, the rest asking when will BA start a route to <some obscure place near the posters abode>?

ginger50 Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 15448635)
Oh gawd, this will end up like the EK thread... one or two people posting factual information, the rest asking when will BA start a route to <some obscure place near the posters abode>?

When will BA start a new service from Coventry? :D

Phil the Flyer Dec 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by EK flyer (Post 15448615)

This threat is meant for collecting both: information and speculation.

I suspect making threats here is against Flyer Talk rules. :rolleyes:

dddc Dec 14, 2010 12:52 pm

BA can fly anywhere, but I suspect they will only fly somewhere. Of course, the somewhere will be nowhere where you want to go unless that somewhere is somewhere you do want to go to, so you don't have to worry about where they don't go to.

henkybaby Dec 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I am rooting for SCL, KUL and MNL. Because I want it. Not because it makes sense. More flights to SIN would suffice too, but I would prefer a flight that has no onwards to SYD... ;)

irmster Dec 14, 2010 1:16 pm

going by the noise over my house earlier, I thought BA may have started a new route to Richmond :p

cornishsimon Dec 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Loving the comments so far in this thread!!

ill kick off, as per the other thread regarding LCY i would love LCY-NQY-LCY, perhaps operated as a nightstop when the new aircraft start arriving.

LGW longhaul, FLL has been suggested for quite some time now, perhaps AMM, HKT, HAV, SXM, 2 weekly to MSY, SEY, and some south american destinations !

just my suggestions!
cs

BahrainLad Dec 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I heard they were dropping JFK...something about not being able to compete with AA on the route?

BA or bust Dec 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by BahrainLad (Post 15449800)
I heard they were dropping JFK...something about not being able to compete with AA on the route?

:eek: :eek: You CANNOT be be serious! :p :D

terminalfive Dec 14, 2010 3:22 pm

MXP - ORD
MXP - LAX
MXP - LAS

Yes - BA!!!:D

cornishsimon Dec 14, 2010 3:26 pm

have BA actually got frames available for much more LH expansion ?
cs

Capricorn70 Dec 14, 2010 3:31 pm

I hear from my reliable anonymous sources that BA will restore 3x daily 744 to YYZ!

And now that CX is installing a revamped Biz seat, which is SO MUCH MORE superior to the decade-old CW, BA will no doubt just pack it in between LHR and HKG long before CX's 744 fleet gets any of those shiny new seats!

:eek::rolleyes::p

imt24 Dec 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Well I heard they are getting rid of LH economy altogether because they don't like poor people/people who don't know how to utilise their miles best.

Schultzois Dec 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 15449095)
I am rooting for SCL, KUL and MNL. Because I want it. Not because it makes sense. More flights to SIN would suffice too, but I would prefer a flight that has no onwards to SYD... ;)

SCL seems like it would make sense as an add-on to either the GRU or the EZE services. The GRU service has the plane sitting on the ground the whole day now. The EZE service could carry onto SCL if they made the return from EZE a couple hours later.

Does anyone know if BA has operated such a route previously? I know LH has served SCL via both EZE and GRU at different points in time, and AF has via EZE.