E.ON -> Tesco -> BA no longer worth it

Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:34 am
NFH
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
E.ON -> Tesco -> BA no longer worth it

One of the reasons I use E.ON for gas and electricity is to earn BA Miles. However, I noticed on my latest Tesco Clubcard statement that I hadn't earnt any points from E.ON. I then logged into E.ON to have a look why and saw that some of their newer tariffs don't earn Clubcard points. In E.ON's T&Cs for Tesco Clubcard, it states "We may choose from time to time not to offer Tesco points on some products and will inform you of this when offering the product". However, when I switched tariff in September, it never warned me that I would no longer earn Clubcard points on the new tariff. I complained to E.ON who gave me a £10 credit, but I thought it may be worth warning anyone else who uses E.ON as a source of BA Miles. The good news is that when I checked at www.uswitch.co.uk, E.ON are still at least 10% cheaper than anyone else.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I noticed a 0 on my Clubcard statement as well.

I see from the website that my tariff earns "500 points every year for each fuel you take with E.ON GoGreen" so I think I may have received the points earlier this year.

Edited to add:

My account has the following stated: "You'll earn 500 Green Clubcard points* per fuel on your next anniversary on 23/01/2011"

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Dec 11, 2010 at 11:56 am Reason: Additional comment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.