Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How often do single travellers reserve 1A/K?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do single travellers reserve 1A/K?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
LMAO Hiddy..... Not one of those at all. Au contraire mon ami, I usually clear my place or go to the galley to get my tea....not one to ask for ANYTHING.....

He was a geeky nerd....

Have a love/ hate relationship with the iPad....

Last edited by Yahillwe; Dec 11, 2010 at 8:50 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
HB, but after take off, I assume you will be going to sleep and then row 1 can have their privacy ...... Though on the NF, I noticed that the closet door can act as a paravent.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Interesting how we have two different perceptions of privacy. I just want as much space around me as possible, you like invisibility. I don't care too much about the latter.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And thanks to BA, everyone or almost everyone gets to sit in their favorite place/seats...

Last edited by Yahillwe; Dec 11, 2010 at 9:59 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:15 pm

Thanks Phil the Flyer and Hiddy I have nearly taken your advice due to busy cabin and got 4efk on the outbound but on the return I had to change my booking and found out the MIA-lHR is almost full in F so left with 2a 3k and 4e not ideal I will keep an eye on it and hope the seats open up, if not I will see if ba can shuffle someone, nearer the time. The 9 year old is no issue but I should really be next to my 6 year old. Not till Easter so plenty of time
Thanks
Joejet
Forgot to say The kids and I should hopefully make gold just before this booking, but 1ak look like they have already gone on kvs anyway.

Last edited by joejet; Dec 11, 2010 at 2:39 pm
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Right, finally I am Gold

I was not clear in earlier posts...

Have two separate trips booked - one with mother dearest (CPT) and one with most wonderful wife (JNB). Both of the women in my life are blue (not dead but lacking status )

So the issue I have is do I book 1K/2K (am with Swanhunter as also right-handed) or stick where we are 2A/K?

I will want to see them and talk to them during the flight but not sure that if I book my (newly entitled) row 1 seat, I may actually be worse off, as they cannot join me until T-24.

I don't get to go in the nose very often (only op-ups and the J2BA deals) so I can't quite picture the cabin...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me help.

The front seats are row 2.

Row 1

Row 2 and 1

So, once again: with the wife do 4E/F (especially if it is a night flight). If the cabin is not 100% full you can always move to a window seat for landing and takeoff. With your mother I would suggest 4A/E or 4KF. Row 4 is the row before last on the top 2 pictures.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
henkybaby - thanks for that. I think I am going to try and blag 1AK as 2AK just look a bit too far away from each other to talk. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by badoc
henkybaby - thanks for that. I think I am going to try and blag 1AK as 2AK just look a bit too far away from each other to talk. Fingers crossed.
Ah another completely wasted thread.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by half pint
LOL
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by half pint
How very dare you! Is always useful to see what other people think - even if, god forbid, they don't agree with you

I love the window so that has to feature somewhere. Madre could, of course, sit behind - but I know she'll want to communicate somehow and the banging on the back of the seat will remind me of my days in whY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.