BA estore missing miles found in record time!

Old Dec 8, 10, 4:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOS
Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Posts: 5,266
BA estore missing miles found in record time!

I was missing some miles for a BA estore transaction in October. I filled in the online missing estore miles form yesterday. I got an email today telling me that my account had been credited with the missing miles - and it has!

Well done, BA!
HilFly is offline  
Old Dec 8, 10, 4:57 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: EDI
Posts: 791
Glad it's worked for someone!

I've felt so cheated by the estore, and BA not tracking and/or crediting miles, that I've given up. Really annoyed me, and I wonder how much good will the poorly run estore actually loses BA.

These days I put my online transactions through Quidco, who 99% of the time track fine, and the remaining 1% followup very quickly. Quidco gives real cash back, rather than a relatively poor return on miles (if and when BA can be bothered crediting them).

Given that Quidco use a similar process (cookie based affiliate tracking) I really don't know how BA can fail to track miles on such a regular basis.
fife is offline  
Old Dec 8, 10, 5:10 pm
  #3  
Moderator, Hertz
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KRK / ORD
Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Posts: 12,370
Almost all my shop purchases look like so...

13-Oct-10 30-Oct-10 BA Miles - Newegg.com 0 645
13-Oct-10 30-Oct-10 BA Miles - Newegg.com 0 349
10-Sep-10 16-Oct-10 BA Miles - Newegg.com 0 -349
12-Sep-10 16-Oct-10 BA Miles - Newegg.com 0 -645
12-Sep-10 02-Oct-10 BA Miles - Newegg.com 0 645
10-Sep-10 25-Sep-10 BA Miles - Newegg.com 0 349
jason8612 is offline  
Old Dec 8, 10, 5:18 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOS
Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Posts: 5,266
Originally Posted by jghill View Post
Glad it's worked for someone!

I've felt so cheated by the estore, and BA not tracking and/or crediting miles, that I've given up. Really annoyed me, and I wonder how much good will the poorly run estore actually loses BA.

These days I put my online transactions through Quidco, who 99% of the time track fine, and the remaining 1% followup very quickly. Quidco gives real cash back, rather than a relatively poor return on miles (if and when BA can be bothered crediting them).

Given that Quidco use a similar process (cookie based affiliate tracking) I really don't know how BA can fail to track miles on such a regular basis.
I have never had a problem with estore miles before.

I actually counted up how many miles I have received via estore in the last 2 years - 34,000+. There are so many stores that I use anyway - Lands End, Nordstrom, Vision Direct, drugstore.com, fragrance.net, FTD & Best Buy, to name a few. With Best Buy I order and pay online and pick up in store - it works very well. I'm about to do the same with the Container Store - ready for a major basement reorganization!
HilFly is offline  
Old Dec 8, 10, 5:30 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Posts: 1,911
None of my Tesco Direct purchases have tracked so I am going to have fun claiming those in future
Private Pyle is offline  
Old Dec 9, 10, 1:26 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: BA Silver, Cathay Gold, HHonours Diamond, AMEX Platimum
Posts: 85
estore is normally really good for me, the few times I've had a problem the miles have been credits very quickly

Ive earned about 10K BA miles this year from estore at my last count
buzz1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread