Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not earning miles and tier points when using miles to upgrade existing booking?

Old Dec 5, 10, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Came home yesterday after a great week in Dubai.

Originally booked return ticket in CE and CW, OSL - LHR - DXB - LHR - OSL.
When checking my booking on MMB prior to the trip,
it said I would earn 20632 miles (as Gold status) and 320 Tier points for the trip.

Three days prior to my outbound trip, I made an upgrade with miles for the return flight, from CW to First. It "cost" me 25000 miles per person, and a small fee. The miles for the upgrade were drawn from my account the same day, 50000 miles in total for the two of us.

When checking my statement/status today on ba.com,
all 4 flights are stated as "Ineligible flight", with 0 miles and 0 tier points.
Is this really how it works, or is there something "wrong" with ba.com and their miles and tier points counting?

I have even signed up for a special offer going on at ba.com these days, where they offer more miles for traveling in premium cabin before December 31st. So I have to say I am kind of confused with not earning any miles or tier points at all.

Any comments?
Old Dec 5, 10, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Yes, you should get the miles and TP's for you originally booked class, in this case, CE/CW.
Old Dec 5, 10, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by KirDT View Post
Came home yesterday after a great week in Dubai.

Originally booked return ticket in CE and CW, OSL - LHR - DXB - LHR - OSL.
When checking my booking on MMB prior to the trip,
it said I would earn 20632 miles (as Gold status) and 320 Tier points for the trip.

Three days prior to my outbound trip, I made an upgrade with miles for the return flight, from CW to First. It "cost" me 25000 miles per person, and a small fee. The miles for the upgrade were drawn from my account the same day, 50000 miles in total for the two of us.

When checking my statement/status today on ba.com,
all 4 flights are stated as "Ineligible flight", with 0 miles and 0 tier points.
Is this really how it works, or is there something "wrong" with ba.com and their miles and tier points counting?

I have even signed up for a special offer going on at ba.com these days, where they offer more miles for traveling in premium cabin before December 31st. So I have to say I am kind of confused with not earning any miles or tier points at all.

Any comments?
hi KirDT
its a known error on ba.com. you should receive the TP's for the class you paid, ie CW not F.

give BA a call and this will be sorted out.

cheers
CS
Old Dec 5, 10, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by martinfoss View Post
Yes, you should get the miles and TP's for you originally booked class, in this case, CE/CW.

Well then, I will call Executive Club tomorrow.

Thanks!

Search this Thread