how to book a ticket without issue it?

Old Dec 5, 10, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

how to book a ticket without issue it?

Hi,
I am just trying to book a ticket from UK to Egypt(then it generates a PNR) , but without issue it first. Do you know any airline offer this option online? or any website allow me to do so without paying first?

Thanks.
AL
Old Dec 5, 10, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. You'll need both a travel agent and a fare that does not require immediate ticketing.
Old Dec 5, 10, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Heresy as it may be on this board, ISTR that AF/KL offer this facility for a fee.

Found it ...

Originally Posted by klm.com
Do I have to pay for my ticket straightaway?

If you make a booking at KLM.com, the payment term depends on the payment option selected. Your ticket will be issued as soon as we have received your payment.

You can also choose to take an option on a fare and flight. This gives you some time to think about your purchase: up to 14 days, depending on the departure date. By taking an option, the offered price and the fare conditions of the selected flights will not change. The price for taking an option varies between EUR 10 and EUR 15 per ticket. This amount is non-refundable and in addition to the price of the ticket.

If you do not want to buy the ticket you have taken an option on, the option period will expire. The reservation will then be cancelled automatically.
Also on AF here http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/loc...tion_achat.htm

hth
Old Dec 5, 10, 6:04 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Not on-line but a travel agent might be able to help you. I know that BA Exec Club can hold a booking 24h or so before requiring payment. You will of course have to pay a booking fee.
Old Dec 6, 10, 1:53 am

BA Exec Club USA are quite willing in my experience to hold bookings without issuing for 24 hours - the UK line will not though!
Old Dec 6, 10, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having been so definite above, I have now remembered that AA.com does let you hold an itinerary for 24hours. Not sure whether there are any metal restrictions on this though.
Old Dec 6, 10, 2:51 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCRC, TK*G, FB G, HHH D, SPG P.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
Having been so definite above, I have now remembered that AA.com does let you hold an itinerary for 24hours. Not sure whether there are any metal restrictions on this though.
I held a booking (and then booked about 18 hours later) last week that had AA codeshare flights operated by BA.
Old Dec 6, 10, 3:18 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I have just talked with Exec Club Bremen. A very nice and knowledgeable Norwegian gentleman helped me with a booking. I asked him how long they can hold a booking before issuing it.

He said that Gold members can have a ticket on hold four business days so if I booked today I must pay it Thursday 5pm latest.

Search this Thread