Wiki Posts
Search

First name as last name on booking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Question First name as last name on booking

Hey everyone, I have a hopefully quick question. Someone else just booked me on a LGW-CLJ flight on Malev but on the reservation they wrote my first name as my last name and vice versa. Now I can't add my BA FF number to the booking and it won't let me add my advanced passenger information either presumably because the names don't match.

Can I get this changed by calling BA EC and not get penalized for it?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by crystak
Hey everyone, I have a hopefully quick question. Someone else just booked me on a LGW-CLJ flight on Malev but on the reservation they wrote my first name as my last name and vice versa. Now I can't add my BA FF number to the booking and it won't let me add my advanced passenger information either presumably because the names don't match.

Can I get this changed by calling BA EC and not get penalized for it?
Well the problem you'll have is that the flights are with a partner carrier and not ba mainline so a name correction will probably not be possible. Saying that it wont be an issue for you to travel as the booking stands. Youll just have to apply for miles and tp on return.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Bummer; I gave them a call and they said they can't do it, then they gave me a number to contact Malev that doesn't work. Anyway, I'll have to apply for the miles on return or give my info at the check in desk. I don't know why the malev website needs to have the last name field first on the reservation screen...
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Bummer; I gave them a call and they said they can't do it, then they gave me a number to contact Malev that doesn't work. Anyway, I'll have to apply for the miles on return or give my info at the check in desk. I don't know why the malev website needs to have the last name field first on the reservation screen...
They did the same thing to me on my flight. There is no issue actually travelling in terms of passport acceptance and name reversal as this is quite common in countries that use Eastern name order like Huingary.

As it happened, showing the card at check in outbound and return meant no issues with points crediting either.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:03 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Bummer;I don't know why the malev website needs to have the last name field first on the reservation screen...
Strangely that's because 99.5% of Airline Computer and GDS Systems are programmed and have been for 50+ years. However most Airlines/Internet Sites have reversed it for online simplicity.They then revert names to Standard IATA/SITA/Airline system afterwards.

Dude Uncle Mr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.