Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A New Clever Way to Earn Miles and Tier Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

What with all the white stuff falling outside, I've been mostly working from home this week. In doing so, I've had TV on in the background.

This afternoon, UK Border Force 2 was my entertainment of choice, and they had this story of a chap who was trying to enter the UK illegally, with false education documents. They caught him out, put him up for the night and then put him on a flight back home the next day.

So, the obvious question, do you think this chap could add his frequent flyer number to the return flight and get miles and tier points? What class do you think it would book into?

Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: BA
People who die on board aircraft are moved to a flat F seat if space is available.

Do you think the family can retro-claim the TPs and miles?

Old Dec 3, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
People who die on board aircraft are moved to a flat F seat if space is available.

Do you think the family can retro-claim the TPs and miles?

Reminds me of that Not The Nine O'clock News sketch where the union rep is demanding breathing apparatus be issued to all staff who have to work in the machine room, and separately, complaining about the lack of overtime payments being made to one of his members who, for the last three weeks, has been available for work on a three shift basis.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
So, the obvious question, do you think this chap could add his frequent flyer number to the return flight and get miles and tier points? What class do you think it would book into?
From my experience dealing with UKBA removals, there are three possibilities here.

a) He is removed on the return leg of a ticket he already holds, or on a new ticket he is willing to voluntarily purchase. In this case, he will earn any miles or benefits due. If he is on a premium cabin ticket, some airlines may involuntarily downgrade him to Economy Class. If this occurs, he IS eligible for EU downgrade compensation as well.

b) He is removed at airline expense. He earns nothing.

c) He is removed at Home Office expense. He is booked into an unrestricted fare bucket (usually full Y) by Carlson-Wagonlit Travel's special removals unit. This is eligible for mileage earning, but is not eligible for other benefits such as preferred seating, lounges or upgrades as per UKBA policies.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
....and what do you think airlines from places like India do to these people when they arrive in their home countries after they have been given a free ride?

They scare the .... out of them to make them pay. Tactics range from refusing to hand back baggage, refusing to take them on their connecting domestic flights to getting the police to beat them up.

Nothing is free in this life.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by B747-437B
From my experience dealing with UKBA removals, there are three possibilities here.

a) He is removed on the return leg of a ticket he already holds, or on a new ticket he is willing to voluntarily purchase. In this case, he will earn any miles or benefits due. If he is on a premium cabin ticket, some airlines may involuntarily downgrade him to Economy Class. If this occurs, he IS eligible for EU downgrade compensation as well.

b) He is removed at airline expense. He earns nothing.

c) He is removed at Home Office expense. He is booked into an unrestricted fare bucket (usually full Y) by Carlson-Wagonlit Travel's special removals unit. This is eligible for mileage earning, but is not eligible for other benefits such as preferred seating, lounges or upgrades as per UKBA policies.

Far far far too much knowledge still being carried around in your head chap !

nice to see you still posting on the ba board bye the way !
cs
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: IB Platino
Originally Posted by d3vski
....and what do you think airlines from places like India do to these people when they arrive in their home countries after they have been given a free ride?

They scare the .... out of them to make them pay. Tactics range from refusing to hand back baggage, refusing to take them on their connecting domestic flights to getting the police to beat them up.

Nothing is free in this life.
I think you are getting confused with Ryanair. What about the free scratchcard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.