FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Conformance and domestic to international connections with snow disruption (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1155666-conformance-domestic-international-connections-snow-disruption.html)

Sixth Freedom Dec 3, 2010 3:02 am

Conformance and domestic to international connections with snow disruption

My mother is taking the early flight from NCL and connecting to DOH at T5 with a 1:55 connection in just under a week. Ordinarily this would not cause me any concern as I have made plenty of connections just like this in the past.

However due to the snow and cold it is possible that my Mum might suffer a delay.

If the domestic flight is late, arriving at, say, T-30 for the DOH flight, will my Mum be allowed to connect or will conformance prevent this? What if the DOH flight is delayed too?

NickB Dec 3, 2010 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 15372286)
My mother is taking the early flight from NCL and connecting to DOH at T5 with a 1:55 connection in just under a week. Ordinarily this would not cause me any concern as I have made plenty of connections just like this in the past.

However due to the snow and cold it is possible that my Mum might suffer a delay.

If the domestic flight is late, arriving at, say, T-30 for the DOH flight, will my Mum be allowed to connect or will conformance prevent this? What if the DOH flight is delayed too?

There is more leeway on conformance at connections. That said, with a gate arrival of T-30, this might be too short. T-30 at connection conformance point should be OK, though.

If DOH is delayed, conformance time will be adjusted accordingly.

ba273 Dec 3, 2010 5:07 am

I thought if you arrived on a domestic you just emptied in to the terminal, and then went about your business, no going through connections or anything. So you would only have to get to your gate before it closed to get on.

I usually fly down late on a night and stay in hotel before my onward trips, so I might be wrong?

mad_rich Dec 3, 2010 5:13 am

Originally Posted by ba273 (Post 15372590)
I thought if you arrived on a domestic you just emptied in to the terminal, and then went about your business, no going through connections or anything.

No. You still have to go through conformance (but not security) before being emptied into the north end of the terminal. The conformance checkpoint is very close to the domestic stands. No more than a couple of minutes' walk.

Of more concern is whether the domestic flight will be going at all. They are frequently sacrificed during irrops.

WhyteIG Dec 3, 2010 5:16 am

The only BP check is at the T5 transfers desk. It may or may not form part of some conformance check - I'd be interested to know.

But if Mum's flight is disembarking at say t-30 I'm sure they will have someone to meet her off the plane. The bags would be the concenr there, I dont know how that works.

If it's too late to get to the departing DOH flight there are plenty flights each day to ME destinations so she'll get there, albeit maybe a few hours later and with an extra stop probably DXB.