Wiki Posts
Search

T5 GF Teas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
T5 GF Teas

Does anyone know what happened to those wonderful pyramidal teas at T5 GF? They seem to be replaced with those Twinnings teas found in Galleries Club.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm not sure what happened to them, but did you by any chance leave a comment in the guest book in the Flounge? Read a comment about lack of teas today when I was in the lounge...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DWFI
Does anyone know what happened to those wonderful pyramidal teas at T5 GF? They seem to be replaced with those Twinnings teas found in Galleries Club.
From memory, they were Teapigs. Have a look online to see just how expensive they are per pyramid. Even with a large bulk discount, I wonder if BA has simply deemed them to be too expensive.

Teapigs have a great product but their cutesy, folksy marketing jarrs somewhat when you learn a little more about them. They describe the company as being founded by two people who met in the marketing department of a large tea company. The implication is that they went off and started a little tea company. That's sort of true, save that Teapigs is owned by Tetley and therefore in turn by Tata Tea.

Anyway, I suspect it's a pure cost issue.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I pinched them all.

No I didn't......75% of them were a strange flavour anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Genius1
I'm not sure what happened to them, but did you by any chance leave a comment in the guest book in the Flounge? Read a comment about lack of teas today when I was in the lounge...
I didn't, but I was looking at the comment book and I saw that entry too! I think it was Jo or Joe or something?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
From memory, they were Teapigs. Have a look online to see just how expensive they are per pyramid. Even with a large bulk discount, I wonder if BA has simply deemed them to be too expensive.

Nope, they were by Teaforte - delicious but expensive.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I prefer Twinnings as it gives you a good strong brew - I am just common! Hey - I only fly BA because its the only airline that serves decent tea on board.

Found those pyramid bags a tad weak - although have come across them at all top establishments!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn
I only fly BA because its the only airline that serves decent tea on board.
I'm a coffee drinker but on a BA flight I drink tea because there coffee is awful

Do they still have the pyramidal teas in CCR ?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Tata Tea.
Is there any pie that Tata doesn't have its fingers in?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by henners
Nope, they were by Teaforte - delicious but expensive.
Of course, my mistake. Teaforte (circa £1 per cup) are the company that make Teapigs (circa 25p per cup) look cheap.

In context, the Teaforte pyramids are about four times more expensive than the retail price of a Nespresso capsule, assuming that BA use those on the ground.

I appreciate that the price BA pay for each will be lower but the differential is probably the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.