Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gold on AA in Y

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MAH4546
There is free wine and beer for elites, but only on American Eagle.
Thought it was all AA flight but the other half was, indeed, on an American Eagle flight. Strange.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Thought it was all AA flight but the other half was, indeed, on an American Eagle flight. Strange.
I think that from some locations AA's systems show Emerald members as EXP. I can recall a couple of flights where the crew referred to me as being EXP despite having BA Gold in the booking.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I think that from some locations AA's systems show Emerald members as EXP. I can recall a couple of flights where the crew referred to me as being EXP despite having BA Gold in the booking.
This is correct - a friend flies for Eagle and confirmed this...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Just received this experience this morning although pretty sure I was just an EMD and not EXP.

FWIW, the best bit about AA is the lounge AAngels. Those who have had dealings with them will know what I mean. In fact, if we could turf out the BA and QF dragons and replace with AAngles, I would be very happy. They are multi-trained and can deal with ticketing queries too, and contrary to some posts the other day that I read, they generally get things 100% correct despite being multi-trained.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Just received this experience this morning although pretty sure I was just an EMD and not EXP.

FWIW, the best bit about AA is the lounge AAngels. Those who have had dealings with them will know what I mean. In fact, if we could turf out the BA and QF dragons and replace with AAngles, I would be very happy. They are multi-trained and can deal with ticketing queries too, and contrary to some posts the other day that I read, they generally get things 100% correct despite being multi-trained.
totally agree about their competence but the flip side is it can take some time to simply access the lounge initially if there are a few people asking questions or trying to amend things.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
If you are AA EXP (OW Emerald) flying on BA in economy (World Traveller or Euro Traveller), do you have access to exit row seats, either online or by phone?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by rogerj
Flying to Miami then onto New Orleans next Easter on AA in Y. Are there any benefits to being a BA Gold? It doesn't seem like I can get preferential seating online..... (or at all!)
Y = Y and gold won't make a massive difference apart from two MASSIVE differences

-> lugagge allowance
-> First check in

Both invaluable

All the rest you are in an economy seat so...
Personally don't mind domestic US, and AA are far better than DL
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Y = Y and gold won't make a massive difference apart from two MASSIVE differences

-> lugagge allowance
-> First check in
You forgot lounge access. This is also massive, particularly on US domestic flights where you will get no food in-flight. AA lounge snacks are no great shakes (aside from Flagship lounges, which are few and far between these days), but they are free and they will get you to the other end of a 3-hour flight in a pinch.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Time traveller
If you are AA EXP (OW Emerald) flying on BA in economy (World Traveller or Euro Traveller), do you have access to exit row seats, either online or by phone?
Yes. When it comes to seating, AA like BA is good to OW elites, unlike most of the other alliance members. An EMD for instance will have exactly the same access both phone as well as online as an EXP to the best seats.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:39 pm
awm

Programs: BA Gold for life
Yes. When it comes to seating, AA like BA is good to OW elites, unlike most of the other alliance members. An EMD for instance will have exactly the same access both phone as well as online as an EXP to the best seats.
Yes, if you book with AA directly and put your exec club number in the booking, the confirmation e-mail will contain the appropriate phone number (e.g. AA EXP number for BA Gold).

The status on the manifest is not recognised by all flight attendants. Boarding one recent LGA/YYZ flight on American Eagle, I was approached by the crew member, carrying the manifest, who announced "So, awm, you work for BA!" which was news to me. Turns out the manifest is printed with the note "BA/EM" which they interpreted as 'BA employee'. I did get a complementary G&T, though
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
It is good to know that BA looks after OW elites. With BA flights getting full mileage credit on AA (and vice versa), I was thinking about booking flights on BA. Being able to get pre-assigned exit row seats on BA as a OW emerald would make the BA flights more attractive.

With Qantas, their exit row seats (at least on their trans-pacific flights) are not available to elites until the date of flight upon airport check-in, though you could pay extra for those seats in advance (~$160AUS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.