Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption booking: MMB says I'll be earning miles and TP!?

Redemption booking: MMB says I'll be earning miles and TP!?

Old Nov 26, 10, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Question Redemption booking: MMB says I'll be earning miles and TP!?

Ok I'm not sure whether this query has been addressed before, but I just need a little clarity. Just checked my MMB for a redemption trip and way down on the passenger summary it jolly well says I'll be earning XXX miles and XXX TP! Is this a common occurrence (ie glitch)? I suspect the miles won't actually appear on my account once I've made the trip, or will they??

Anyone in the know?
Old Nov 27, 10, 12:07 am

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
a standard computer glitch - no need to worry - you won't get any miles or points unless its a MFU when you will get the points for the original class booked (although another computer glitch means you will have to chase them).
Old Nov 27, 10, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
If the original flight is cancelled you can find yourself in another booking class in the same cabin and then you seem to end up with miles and points, almost by way of compensation for the inconvenience - all a bit pot luck though.
Old Nov 27, 10, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Thanks for your answers. Well, even though there's potentially a lot of miles at stake should the flight be cancelled, I'd rather it goes according to schedule since it's the last flight from LHR to HKG. Not interested in a day wasted at the Sofitel. HOWEVER, since I'm flying in First, would I be able to demand the earliest flight available on a Oneworld partner, say CX? See where I'm going with this?
Old Nov 27, 10, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by Clubhopper View Post
HOWEVER, since I'm flying in First, would I be able to demand the earliest flight available on a Oneworld partner, say CX? See where I'm going with this?
Yes demand away. Very much doubt you'll be listened to though.

Search this Thread