Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to First e-ticket wording

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Upgrade to First e-ticket wording

I made a Club booking for next week. Under the current ex UK offer the outbound leg has been upgraded to First. Great.

I have to submit the e-ticket receipt to my client, who will happily pay for Club, but the e-ticket looks as though I booked the outbound leg as First. Has anybody got a reciept from BA showing "booked as Club", "automatically upgraded to First"? My client will probably be OK with a post-it stuck to the invoice explaining it, but I think the BA e-ticket could be a bit clearer for those that have to claim it back.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Strictly speaking it is not correct to say that you have booked Club and been upgraded to FIRST.

In fact you have purchased a Club fare in which one of the sectors is booked in FIRST without any charge for the upgrade.

What I would do is print off the part of the BA site where they talk about this and attach it to the invoice together with a screenshot of a dummy booking for Club showing that the fare you paid is the same as the fare that normally books into Club in both directions.

Alternatively you could just book another Club ticket for exactly the fare you paid, print off the e-ticket receipt and then cancel the booking for a full refund.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Strictly speaking it is not correct to say that you have booked Club and been upgraded to FIRST.
Really? The BA offer e-mail says :
Originally Posted by BA
All you need to do is book a fully flexible ticket in Club World for travel by 10 December 2010 and you’ll be upgraded one-way.
So I did indeed book in Club, and was upgraded one-way.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold
E-ticket receipts are fairly easy to "edit" . . .
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:07 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Flying Winemaker
Sssh! Don't tell everyone!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ANAmateur
Really? The BA offer e-mail says :

Originally Posted by BA
All you need to do is book a fully flexible ticket in Club World for travel by 10 December 2010 and you’ll be upgraded one-way.
So I did indeed book in Club, and was upgraded one-way.
It is all semantics so sorry for being a bit petty. But you book a seat and buy a ticket.

Poor choice of wording by British Airways.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Flying Winemaker
Although armed with the PNR, your name, and your email address, one could easily access the un-edited version, unless of course you remembered to edit those too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.