G-BUSI

Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
G-BUSI

I see from the basource that G-BUSI had a test flight from LGW returning to LGW as BA9277 on 12th November.

It looks like shes been WFU and parked at LGW since 20th July 2010, any idea as to what shes been upto? is this just a test flight prior to making her way to another operator ? and i wonder if someone down at LGW might know what BA have parked up at Gatwick.

cheers
CS
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Oh gosh... It had better not be coming back into service at LHR...

Please... No no no... Please... Lord... No...
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is it that bad BBB?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: BA
None of the "original 10" BA A320s have passed on to other operators, they are all robbed for parts when withdrawn and finally scrapped. The market does not want these early generation A320s, so other airlines are breaking up the early aircraft as well, in fact only one of the first 40 A320s built is still operating.

There are three of these ten early aircraft left in BA service. Yes, it seems a modern aircraft to be going to the junkyard, but the first BA one would have been 22 years old now. Time moves on. Good thing BA didn't go for the comparable MD90 that was being built 10 years ago. A number of those have already been scrapped.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ardboe
Is it that bad BBB?
They are absolutely awful aircraft... Any of the G-BUS_ aircraft are terrible. Blue flush toilets, galleys that are falling apart, noisy, smelly, dirty...

Make me feel sick just at the thought...

I firmly believe that if they are in the air, then flying wise they are sound as I have every confidence in my engineering colleagues... However for passengers and crew, they are bad...
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Time to get rid of them then!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I see from the basource that G-BUSI had a test flight from LGW returning to LGW as BA9277 on 12th November.

It looks like shes been WFU and parked at LGW since 20th July 2010, any idea as to what shes been upto? is this just a test flight prior to making her way to another operator ? cheers
CS
Test flight prior to her return to lessor. She will soon be joining her big sister G-BUSG at Tarbes/Lourdes where she will slowly fade into oblivion. Now that G-EUYJ has joined the fleet expect the president G-BUSH to be "ousted from office" very soon. Not before time too, flew on BUSH last week from EDI-LHR and it is a mess inside.

RIP G-BUSI, for an aeroplane you played a hell of an important part in my life!!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Test flight prior to her return to lessor. She will soon be joining her big sister G-BUSG at Tarbes/Lourdes where she will slowly fade into oblivion. Now that G-EUYJ has joined the fleet expect the president G-BUSH to be "ousted from office" very soon. Not before time too, flew on BUSH last week from EDI-LHR and it is a mess inside.

RIP G-BUSI, for an aeroplane you played a hell of an important part in my life!!
I arrived on stand next to EUYJ yesterday at T3... Lovely and new! Could smell the new leather from the aircraft next door!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:37 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I arrived on stand next to EUYJ yesterday at T3... Lovely and new! Could smell the new leather from the aircraft next door!
But for some crazy reason...no converter seats.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
I see from the basource that G-BUSI had a test flight from LGW returning to LGW as BA9277 on 12th November. It looks like shes been WFU and parked at LGW since 20th July 2010, any idea as to what shes been upto?
Ferried from LHR to LGW on 17th July for storage but was maintained in service until 20th as stand-in for a 734 that went tech. Was due to be returned to the lessor today.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:43 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by heartybob
Ferried from LHR to LGW on 17th July for storage but was maintained in service until 20th as stand-in for a 734 that went tech. Was due to be returned to the lessor today.
Thank goodness for that.

Goodbye G-BUSI - gone but not forgotten for the wrong reasons.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andset1191
But for some crazy reason...no converter seats.
...though the new seats are more comfortable and offer as good legroom. There is a TR by me kicking around somewhere about my impressions on the way to IST earlier this year.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by heartybob
Says quite a lot when the 734's are in better nick compared to an A320 which is still usable as cover!

mind you it would be nice to see some nice new A320's down at Gatwick

cs
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

well to shut this thread down, G-BUSI positioned LGW-Lourdes as BA9250 for scrapping on November 23rd.

cs
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:21 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

well to shut this thread down, G-BUSI positioned LGW-Lourdes as BA9250 for scrapping on November 23rd.

cs
About time...for some reason I feel sad as Nov 23rd was my 19th Birthday (didn't bother starting a thread this time about that) however I never flew on G-BUSI...I think the G-BUS* have seen the light of day a few times too often and just need to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.