Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MFU change fee : a mistake or yet another creeping devaluation?

Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6

I've just been looking at using a 'T' fare with MFU to CW. Previously the change fee for time & date on the MFU'd reservation has been the change fee of the underlying WT+ ticket, but now it's showing a $400 time & date change for the MFU'd ticket versus $275 for the base WT+ fare. Anyone know if this is this a mistake on the part of ba.com. or yet another small devaluation BA hoped nobody would notice?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by bernardd
I've just been looking at using a 'T' fare with MFU to CW. Previously the change fee for time & date on the MFU'd reservation has been the change fee of the underlying WT+ ticket, but now it's showing a $400 time & date change for the MFU'd ticket versus $275 for the base WT+ fare. Anyone know if this is this a mistake on the part of ba.com. or yet another small devaluation BA hoped nobody would notice?
I don't know... but I did notice that within the last few days, I researched an MFU route as well (not mine, but a request), and the underlying route had $275 change fee, and one time when it came up with the rules, it said it was "fully flexible" which seemed an error (and one that another thread somewhere mentions was honored during its brief stint), but another time I saw the $400 fee that presumably you see.

I can't guess what the real situation is - only confirm that I've seen $0 and $400 on BA.com, and fare rules that seem to suggest $275.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Schultzois
I can't guess what the real situation is - only confirm that I've seen $0 and $400 on BA.com, and fare rules that seem to suggest $275.
Thanks for the feedback - like you I'm struggling to work out the answer, and I'm wondering how I'll ever prove it if I call BA in North America, am told the fee is $275 over the phone, then subsequently find them trying to charge $400? Unfortunately this trip carries an unusually high risk of change, and the AF PE fare sale is looking attractive, even if it does require entering the CDG lottery.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.