Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you keep your underwear on when wearing F jammies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you keep your underwear on when wearing F jammies?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Excellent banter, it's quite helped me recover from my post Royal Wedding tristesse!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Great thread!

At least BA F jammies are navy. I recently flew QR in J and theirs are a comfortable-but-form-fitting set, AND in white (Note: this is not me in the pic - I googled it - but it's pretty representative of most of the J passengers on this occasion). The pyjamas don't hide much at all and I definitely kept the undies on.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Awesomely hilarious thread.

I do not. 😂😂😂
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:10 pm

That is as may be, but what I want to know is what on earth were your search words to resurrect a thread that's been dead for 7 and a half years?!?!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by charlieboy77
That is as may be, but what I want to know is what on earth were your search words to resurrect a thread that's been dead for 7 and a half years?!?!
Easy to do. I don't know that FT searches pay any attention to length of dormancy of a thread. Before I realized this, I would do searches and reply to an ancient long-dormant thread without realizing.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Easy to do. I don't know that FT searches pay any attention to length of dormancy of a thread. Before I realized this, I would do searches and reply to an ancient long-dormant thread without realizing.
Hence my curiosity in search words
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:57 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by charlieboy77
It was linked to in the most recent pyjama thread.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
When I clicked on this I did not realise that the thread wasn’t so old until I saw one or two names that I hadn’t seen for donkeys years.

We did have have some fun threads back then before the C word came to engulf this Board.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
When I clicked on this I did not realise that the thread wasn’t so old until I saw one or two names that I hadn’t seen for donkeys years.

We did have have some fun threads back then before the C word came to engulf this Board.
C word?

ps: can’t believe this thread has gone on for so long!!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Phenomenal thread resurrection.
And again!

In context of this thread, C obviously stands for Commando.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Couldn't agree more that this place used to be more fun. Unfortunately as soon as a thread is started on a funny topic some people who forgot to take their OCD pills in the morning will immediately flag it to mods and shout "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BA???"

Sad.
LCY8737, HIDDY, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Phenomenal thread resurrection.
I may have been responsible for this, for it was I who asked the underwear with pjs question on the far more recent thread.

That said, it's comforting that I'm not the only one who has had the same dilemma.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer

And again!

In context of this thread, C obviously stands for Commando.
In the parlance of FT, it now means Compensation.

Now - I've asked my husband and he cannot tell me, but I know that someone here will know - why Commando? Where did that come from?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by mario
Couldn't agree more that this place used to be more fun. Unfortunately as soon as a thread is started on a funny topic some people who forgot to take their OCD pills in the morning will immediately flag it to mods and shout "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BA???"

Sad.
Oh so true Dear - however since I have seen at least three of the Mods posting on here, albeit years ago when they may not have been Mods, I doubt that they'll have much truck with this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
In the parlance of FT, it now means Compensation.

Now - I've asked my husband and he cannot tell me, but I know that someone here will know - why Commando? Where did that come from?
I recall it coming into use over here after a Friends episode in the late 1990s. I never heard it prior to that, so I don't know the origins, but Friends definitely is responsible for bringing into use on this side of the Atlantic.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.