Wiki Posts
Search

Cheeky passengers on the BSL flight!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by PPS1
So, doing my usual weekly commute from BSL to LHR on Friday evening (with just about, it seems, the rest of the pharma community based here). Seated in the CE cabin and I noticed the most cheeky thing...ET passengers were boarding, putting their bags in the CE overhead bins and then taking their seats in ET! One cheeky bugger even put his rucksack there! I guess they all know that the overhead bins get jammed very quickly...

Precisely the reason why I board early even if I'm in CE! I even commit 'gate lice' for this reason if the flight is a bit full-ish.
Unfortunately, "ET bags in CE" happens all the time on my regular route, along with "ET passengers queuing for CE loo".

Some passengers on my regular route are also so brain-washed by no-assigned-seating-evil that they sit anywhere (read: CE), only to be told by cabin crew that they are in the wrong section, and proceed to argue that they look all the same. I can buy their logic that they look all the same, but still a bit annoying.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by Sherwood Hampton
...defecate vigorously...
I'm still trying to conjure up that vision...
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by FenLandK
I'm still trying to conjure up that vision...
I could post pictures if it helps?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sherwood Hampton
If I was desperate for the loo at this time my only solution would be to retrieve the nearest Y bag and then defecate vigorously into a side pocket. I've seen this happen once and believe me, the owner of the bag won't be making that mistake again.
Time for another name change Sherwood?...How about Pinocchio?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Smirnoff had a great idea about this. Ask who the bags belong to and if they can move them slightly to allow you to get yours in. When nobody claims them take them out of the locker and leave in the aisle so they have to be loaded in the hold. That'll teach the selfish people who do this to stop.
I have done just this. Highly effective!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
And I always thought you were such a gentleman!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Time for another name change Sherwood?...How about Pinocchio?
It was on a domestic flight in the U.S.

It was a bit surprising as you expect better from cabin crew.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
+ 1

Sadly, there have been quite a few threads recently where the cause of the OP's frustration has been the selfishness and inconsiderate behaviour of others.

As this is all too common in everday life, it is no surprise that it appears in the airport and onboard.

Occasionally, I have to admit that I have acted as above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.