PVG lounge.

Old Nov 8, 10, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
PVG lounge.

Can not believe it. I know it is a morning flight but I am convinced the last time I was here in June there was a decent selection of drinks, ie whisky/rum/vodka and most importantly gin. Now there is only three selections of beer!!! I know this is not run by BA but I am sure they pay for the use of it. They should insist on at least a nice selclection of drinks.

I do like a nice g&t before a flight. Not in an alcoholic way but it does relax me. Very disappointed.
Old Nov 8, 10, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G and T at 9am? Very BA board.
Old Nov 8, 10, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Usual delays at PVG. Getting close to four hours. Could have done with that drink!! Although to be fair the crew have done a drinks run.
Old Nov 9, 10, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
I was in the PVG lounge at the end of October and they had spirits then.

The best lounge is the Cathay Lounge, they have a better selection than the Shanghai Airlines lounge.

4 hours is a long time for a PVG delay on my last flight it was 1.5, the flight before that was 2.5...

All down to military controlled ATC in Northern China.
Old Nov 9, 10, 2:00 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by MickV View Post
Can not believe it. I know it is a morning flight but I am convinced the last time I was here in June there was a decent selection of drinks, ie whisky/rum/vodka and most importantly gin. Now there is only three selections of beer!!! I know this is not run by BA but I am sure they pay for the use of it. They should insist on at least a nice selclection of drinks.

I do like a nice g&t before a flight. Not in an alcoholic way but it does relax me. Very disappointed.
I suggest if no G&T, then why not have a nice glass of bubbles, that will definately relax you
Old Nov 9, 10, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

No bubbles either!!!! Missed my connection and now have a lovely stay in the Ramada to look forward to.

I think the delay was caused in part by the inbound aircraft going tech at LHR for a couple of hours and the for the other two hours the thanks must go to Chinese ACT, nothing can be done about that I am afraid.