Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
$560 a further £4 cheaper today as the dollar continues to collapse following the QE announcement yesterday!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Note that if you want to use this promotion to top up your BA miles but don't already have an SPG account, then you should create an account now while deciding if you want to go for it, as you cannot purchase SPG points until your account has been opened for 30 days.
I just opened one now and it is letting me get as far as putting card details in and click confirm. Would this therefore fail if I tried it and went for it?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:54 pm

Starwood buy points rules :

"Starpoint purchases can be made by members whose accounts have been active for a minimum of 30 days. Accounts that are less than the required 30 days in age will have the purchase attempt cancelled."

Try it if you want, but be aware of the risk. I suspect it will be cancelled on the spot.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Transfer In Progress

I transfered 60,000 SPG points to BA last night. I'm wondering when the tranfer goes through if the credit will be automaticly applied.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by dave209
I transfered 60,000 SPG points to BA last night. I'm wondering when the tranfer goes through if the credit will be automaticly applied.
Let us know the outcome. I may transfer 20K SPG, would never do it any other time and i am actually keen to get a hold of more hotel points although the rate just seems too good.

Surprised this thread is not getting more interest. 31,250 miles for under £350 is very good right?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Let us know the outcome. I may transfer 20K SPG, would never do it any other time and i am actually keen to get a hold of more hotel points although the rate just seems too good.

Surprised this thread is not getting more interest. 31,250 miles for under £350 is very good right?
I dunno, the way I've looked at though it is that brings in a CW TATL MFU'd from WT+ in at about £950, with enough miles left over/ generated from the flight (as a Blue) to upgrade another leg!

Certainly seems like good value to me!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
I've never flown BA, I use my miles for CX for Bus. and first class tickets to Bali. I like the fact that I'm able to book directly online through BA website and for some reason the same ticket cost less miles than a CX ticket using AA miles. Business Class to Bali (DPS) with BA miles 100,000 with AA Miles 110,000. FYI last time I checked was a year ago.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I dunno, the way I've looked at though it is that brings in a CW TATL MFU'd from WT+ in at about £950, with enough miles left over/ generated from the flight (as a Blue) to upgrade another leg!

Certainly seems like good value to me!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dave209
I've never flown BA, I use my miles for CX for Bus. and first class tickets to Bali. I like the fact that I'm able to book directly online through BA website and for some reason the same ticket cost less miles than a CX ticket using AA miles. Business Class to Bali (DPS) with BA miles 100,000 with AA Miles 110,000. FYI last time I checked was a year ago.

Bali J
AA-110k
BA-100k

Bali F
AA-135k
BA-150k

both from north america
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
It's a good deal if you need the miles. If you don't, it is not so great that it is worth doing because it would be daft not to (which is the category some Tesco deals fall into). I won't be doing anything with this one for the latter reason.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:22 am

That's good to know especially about first but since most of my miles come from spending on credit cards and since I never get Citibank AA bonus offers then I'll just stick with BA as even with F being 135k that same amount of spending would net you 168,750 miles with the BA Chase card, not including the Chase bonus miles that seem to happen evey few months. That being said I have about 400K AA miles that grows by over 30K a month from my Bank Direct account. I also like the way that BA has their family account setup, and again the ability to book CX awards online and further out than AA.

Originally Posted by jmw2323
Bali J
AA-110k
BA-100k

Bali F
AA-135k
BA-150k

both from north america
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
It's a good deal if you need the miles. If you don't, it is not so great that it is worth doing because it would be daft not to (which is the category some Tesco deals fall into). I won't be doing anything with this one for the latter reason.
Or, as is my case, you're a few thousand SPG points short of the 20K needed to get the 5K bonus. So, i'm buying the amount to take me up to 20K (as I've not SPG stays planned befor the end of the offer) and then will do the transfer.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Duplicate
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Has anyone had miles successfully post with the bonus from this yet?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Still waiting on 40K points worth. Apparently it normally takes 1-2 weeks, but if there's been a rush of people I guess it might be on the longer side.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.
Hi, all. Only just noticed this thread and just purchased 20k star points
from spg. I'm just about to redeem 2nd companion voucher and need
the extra miles, this was better than BA's promotion which has just ended
and for less money. Thanks for the info and 31,500 miles for £347.00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.