Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% extra points when transferring from hotel partner [~£350 for 31,250 BA Miles]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by londinense
Using the Amex gold charge card: would this qualify for double or even triple miles, for hotel/overseas spend? Or better to use the BA platinum for 1.5?
It is charged in US$ so I assume you'd get the 2 points per £ as it is non-Sterling spend.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmw2323
does the bonus offered make up for the higher cost associated with booking a reward ticket. (vs. AA for instance.)
It probably levels the playing field a bit, assuming you are comparing converting a big pile of SPG to AA or BA, and are considering a redemption which is doable either on a BA or AA plane.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
Can someone confirm?
20 K SPG = 30 K BA (20+5+25% of 20)
or
20 K SPG = 31,250 BA (20+5+25% of 25)
Which is correct?
99% certain to be the latter, since BA will simply add 25% to whatever number SPG sends them.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by londinense
Using the Amex gold charge card: would this qualify for double or even triple miles, for hotel/overseas spend? Or better to use the BA platinum for 1.5?
For what it is worth, i used my Gold Card to buy a few AA points through points.com and i only received standard points. Are SPG point purchases handled by points.com also?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Are SPG point purchases handled by points.com also?
Yes.

They are also very quick. I bought (with my Halifax Clarity card). Instant purchase, no delay. Checked my SPG account. The points were there already!

I was looking for a 5-nights-for-4 redemption at the Westin Cape Town, but they're full for our dates so it looks like the BA redemption after all.

Last edited by Roger; Nov 4, 2010 at 5:56 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Really happy about this as I have a lot of SPG points.

If I remember correctly you can only transfer 75k in any one year, is this still the case?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what it is worth, i used my Gold Card to buy a few AA points through points.com and i only received standard points. Are SPG point purchases handled by points.com also?
This is an error. I did a 'cash and points' Priority Club booking, which also involves points.com, for $30 and also only got single points. I emailed Amex and they credited the extra points.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
If I remember correctly you can only transfer 75k in any one year, is this still the case?
A total of 20,000, whether purchased or as a gift.

You can buy as a gift to another SPG member. Note the 30-day caveat mentioned above for new members.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
This is an error. I did a 'cash and points' Priority Club booking, which also involves points.com, for $30 and also only got single points. I emailed Amex and they credited the extra points.
You think i can chase up the missing bonus points(only 200). Assumed it would earn either the intl points or the travel points although this was not the case.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
When I logged on to my SPG account I discovered I had bought 20,000 points earlier this year. I too was under the impression that was the annual maximum. However, I gave it a go and applied for another 20,000 yesterday. The points have already been credited and transferred to BA.
I wonder if it would be worth trying a third time?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You think i can chase up the missing bonus points(only 200). Assumed it would earn either the intl points or the travel points although this was not the case.
I chased by email 19 points so definitely 200!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:03 am

I chased by email 19 points so definitely 200!
What bonus points is it i should get? Intl outbound spend(points.com is a US site), or travel spend for buying air miles(hotel points)??

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What bonus points is it i should get? Intl outbound spend(points.com is a US site), or travel spend for buying air miles(hotel points)??

Thanks
Foreign currency spend, as it was a US$ transaction
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:03 am

Foreign currency spend, as it was a US$ transaction
Thanks again, sending email now. Although they owe me so many points now i suspect any notes they have on my account will not be taken too seriously.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Marriott have a triple miles promo going at the moment with BAEC if you elect to receive miles rather than Marriott Reward points:
Earn Triple Miles with participating airlines for each stay you make between October 1 to December 31, 2010, beginning with the second stay
Here's the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.