Different washrooms

Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SAA and HHonors Pleb
Different washrooms

Hi all

Something I've never thought about, but are the washrooms different for each class of travel? for example: is the one in J different to the one in Y? or F and Y+? (bigger, decorated differently etc)
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
The washroom in F has a window, and I think a leather seat or that might be the changing seat.

The each have different soaps etc.

You might even get different flowers in each washroom.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The F washrooms on the 747 and 772 have wood trim that matches the cabin. Only one lav (the first after door one) on the 747 has a window.

Club loos are being refreshed with new trim and flooring.

No idea what WT looks like, haven't been there in years.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
It is quite common on airlines to have a 'better' washroom fro the premium classes. I recently flew on a TK 777 (the Jet Airways leased ones) and the First washroom at the front of the aircraft was significantly better than the J ones (situated between F and J). Bigger, more flowers, linen towels, up-market creams and soaps (don't remember the brand), special shaving/make-up mirror. It was a much nicer experience!

Did not go slumming down the back to see what Y was like though!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Of course, until you've been in the F bathroom and shower room on an Emirates A380 then you REALLY haven't seen an aircraft bathroom! (And I have)
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Of course, until you've been in the F bathroom and shower room on an Emirates A380 then you REALLY haven't seen an aircraft bathroom! (And I have)
OK so I would give the big washroom in F on a BA 744 an 8 out of 10 and my recent TH 777 (see immediately previous post) a 9 out of 10. Where does that put the A380, at 10? Or is it 15 or 20? i.e is there really a massive difference?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30566696@N06/3232389234/ - looking towards the shower and with the loo in the bottom left corner

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30566696@N06/3232389558/ - from the other direction, note the toiletries to takeway (plus the drawers of freebies on the other side) (NB - you can't go through the door at the back, must be a store room)

There is also a member of EK staff who is signalled every time the loo is flushed, and she will be waiting outside the door to clean up any, erm, spillages ready for the next person.

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 3, 2010 at 3:16 am
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
50 (seriously)

It is bigger than the bathroom in most London flats.

Definately enough room to swing two cats!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I personally think the bathrooms on BA in both J and F are terrible, very difficult to change in considering they give you PJs and basically look tired.

This is what SAS has on their A340 and A330 in their J product, BA should take note of the size and light.

ps, when you go to the toilet and the aircraft is on the ground, make sure you close the blind otherwise everyone can see you taking a pss while they are boarding...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.