Simple 2-4-1 questions

Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS
Simple 2-4-1 questions

I think I know the answers but want to be sure that my knowledge is current. I want to book LHR-LAX-LAS F, LAS-LHR J using a 2-4-1 voucher.

My understanding is -

1. I can book LHR-LAX F, LAS-LHR J with 2-4-1, but cannot include LAX-LAS as this is non-BA
2. I cannot book online as this is a mixed class, open-jaw redemption

Can someone confirm and tell me whether there is anything else I should be aware of. Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I guess you are talking about Amex 2-4-1? This can only be used on BA operated flights.

Last edited by Grande Annee; Oct 22, 2010 at 9:14 am
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
I think I know the answers but want to be sure that my knowledge is current. I want to book LHR-LAX-LAS F, LAS-LHR J using a 2-4-1 voucher.

My understanding is -

1. I can book LHR-LAX F, LAS-LHR J with 2-4-1, but cannot include LAX-LAS as this is non-BA
2. I cannot book online as this is a mixed class, open-jaw redemption

Can someone confirm and tell me whether there is anything else I should be aware of. Thanks.
Correct. And for completeness, you won't have to pay the offline booking fee as it is not possible to do this online. If you have any issue with booking agents, then just call back and speak to another.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by donkeyk
Correct. And for completeness, you won't have to pay the offline booking fee as it is not possible to do this online. If you have any issue with booking agents, then just call back and speak to another.
Actually it is the opposite; you probably will have to pay the offline booking fee because this cannot be done online. You do not have to pay the fee if it should be possible to make the booking online but is not possible due to a technical problem with ba.com.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
You are correct on both counts. I have something similar booked for Feb next year!

BTW I recommend doing LHR-SFO-LAS-LHR as LAX can be a nightmare to transit. Alternatively LHR-PHX-LAS-LHR is supposed to be good (although less time in F).
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS
Thanks for the quick responses. I would be booking an overnight in LA so connection problems at LAX are less of an issue.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by SteveF
Actually it is the opposite; you probably will have to pay the offline booking fee because this cannot be done online. You do not have to pay the fee if it should be possible to make the booking online but is not possible due to a technical problem with ba.com.
You will have to pay the offline booking fee. I've just made a very similar booking and been charged the fees.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Drive from LA to Vegas, its a great drive and will take you less time than your return trip to the airport, waiting, boarding, flight time, waiting for lugage at the other end! I did it in the summer in about 4 hours.

OH, and don't forget to check your lugage allowance on your internal flight. It will be no where near the same as you get on you F & J legs!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:10 am
Lux

Originally Posted by stevie-d
You will have to pay the offline booking fee. I've just made a very similar booking and been charged the fees.
Then there's some kind of inconsistency as I've booked offline as it was a mixed class redemption, and wasn't charged (when combined with a Gold upgrade voucher).
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by mdj1
OH, and don't forget to check your lugage allowance on your internal flight. It will be no where near the same as you get on you F & J legs!
Flew with US airways to connect from Las Vegas to Pheonix and we were charged nothing for our luggage, despite the fact that they charge for every checked bag. The charge comes up and they negate it. Not sure why but certainly didn't complain

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.