Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why is 2A always taken on the A319 [BSL-LHR]?

Why is 2A always taken on the A319 [BSL-LHR]?

Old Oct 15, 10, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, SAA and HHonors Pleb
Originally Posted by PPS1 View Post
Hi guys,

Doing my regular commute from Basel - LHR...I've done this trip more times than I can remember and have always come across one strange thing which I just can't seem to place.

On OLCI, why is 2A always taken? In all the times I have flown this route, at least 20+ times, it is always taken, even when I'm one of the first to check in. Interestingly, 1A is always open!

There's nothing special about the seat, at least from what I can tell, so I was just curious if some of the even more experienced travellers know why!!
So to answer your question it seems that that seat is a default seat given to status pax, and if that is not the case it is snapped up very quickly by other pax. Is it special? it dosen't seem so, but people do seem to like it for personal preferences rather than what the seat itself offers.
Old Oct 16, 10, 3:25 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Originally Posted by Seshman View Post
So to answer your question it seems that that seat is a default seat given to status pax, and if that is not the case it is snapped up very quickly by other pax. Is it special? it dosen't seem so, but people do seem to like it for personal preferences rather than what the seat itself offers.
It could also be because the flight is usually configured for just 3 rows of business class seating when it opens, with additional rows added as demand merits. If you're early booking, and don't like to sit in the 1st or last row of the cabin, 2A / 2F is the obvious choice if you're a window-seat kinda guy.
Old Oct 16, 10, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
That's where the air marshal sits.
Clearly the wisest choice for that instant action response
Old Oct 17, 10, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Seshman View Post
I think the conclusion is actually that 2A is block booked for corporate deals. Singles seats are not reserved for status passengers - 2C would be similarly blocked.

Indeed the only status blocking across the BA network are first few rows of CE and 1A and 1K on 747s and these are for GCHs (and Prems) only, not SCHs. If BSL flights initially have only 3 rows of CE, only row 1 would normally be blocked. This therefore seems to be a corporate deal anomaly relating solely to this route.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: