FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   WT+ on the 767 is utter... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1133833-wt-767-utter.html)

PPS1 Oct 6, 2010 4:47 am

WT+ on the 767 is utter...

...rubbish. Crew were fine, it was the ratty tatty aircraft that got me.

Just completed another return flight to Philadelphia...the morning flight is a 777 (no probs there) and I assumed that the afternoon flight is a 777 too, but I was wrong...the afternoon flight is a 767! My heart sank.

I upgraded myself from WT to WT+ using miles, but I really wish I didn't...the one positive is that I got the TP's, so that's 5 months to get the remaining 400 TP's for Gold!

ag51 Oct 6, 2010 4:57 am

I don't mind it when travelling on my own - the centre seats mean you have access to the aisle and no-one climbing over you.

The cabins could do with a bit of TLC, but there were suggestions that this was going to happen now due to the delays in delivery of some of the new aircraft.

clubman Oct 6, 2010 5:21 am

Disagree; I think the 767 has the nicest WT+ cabin of them all.

Dan72 Oct 6, 2010 5:26 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 14895880)
Disagree; I think the 767 has the nicest WT+ cabin of them all.

Agree. 6 across is great. Same as others biz (UA/AA) albeit much less recline.

henkybaby Oct 6, 2010 5:33 am

Originally Posted by PPS1 (Post 14895796)
...rubbish.

True in the sense that WTP is utter rubbish in itself and that it is a crying shame that BA dares to ask twice the WT price for it? :)

FlyerTalker6245 Oct 6, 2010 5:44 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 14895915)
True in the sense that WTP is utter rubbish in itself and that it is a crying shame that BA dares to ask twice the WT price for it? :)

If you consider that BA loses 2 seats across on a 744 and increases the pitch at a rate of 38/31

Therefore:
Space cost = 10/8 x 38/31 = 1.53 x World Traveller

Plus the extra weight of the seats (offset against fewer passengers), extra baggage allowance, dedicated check in desks in selected airports. Maybe double the cost isn't so bad after all.

Petrus Oct 6, 2010 5:54 am

The 767 is old however I find the WT+ cabin on them the best in the fleet.
2-2-2 seating and rather private.

747lover Oct 6, 2010 6:03 am

I did and a/c inspection not so long ago on a 767 and I was pleasantly suprised at the condtion of the hard product. Even the old club looked quite inviting.

BingBongBoy Oct 6, 2010 6:11 am

Originally Posted by 747lover (Post 14896009)
I did and a/c inspection not so long ago on a 767 and I was pleasantly suprised at the condtion of the hard product. Even the old club looked quite inviting.

I tend to agree... Obviously being Short Haul and being used to working on our 767 fleet, when I had a Long Haul 767 subbed onto one of my flights, I thought I had gone to heaven... I think they are actually in quite good nick.

Yes, the older styling of the overhead lockers make the whole interior look older, but many of the 767's are younger in age than the 747 fleet...

Kevlondon Oct 6, 2010 6:16 am

I recently did LHR-EWR-LHR - in Y sadly, due to company cutbacks - but was in the front row of cattle class so go to check out WT+ at quite close quarters on a 767. My overall impression was that I wouldn't waste either my miles or the £350ish one-way upgrade fee I was offered. From what I could tell, pitch was marginally better though certainly no better than a bulkhead seat in Y; seat-back TV was just as tiny as in economy, and seat recline didn't look a whole lot better. I slept like a log all the way home on the red-eye - which surprised me as this was my first LH trip in Y for over a decade, and only a few weeks previously I was stretched out on the UD flying the PHX. Though fair to say that the outward journey, where I was a couple of rows further back, was absolutely hellish, what with the entertainment box eating into my foot space and the permanently reclined seat in front giving me very little personal space.

Globaliser Oct 6, 2010 10:58 am

Originally Posted by andset1191 (Post 14895944)
Therefore:
Space cost = 10/8 x 38/31 = 1.53 x World Traveller

That's the way I look at it too. You get the benefit of all that space one way or another.

henkybaby Oct 6, 2010 11:03 am

Originally Posted by andset1191 (Post 14895944)
Maybe double the cost isn't so bad after all.

We have a lot of accountants on this board. :) A for effort though. I never looked at it like that. ^

My mind works like this.

A Y return is 700. A W is 1400. A J return is 2200.
A Y trip is awful.
A W trip is semi awful. No real win for 700.
A J trip is wonderful... A real win for another 800

According to my accountant that is not a good way for a mind to work though. :D

Camflyer Oct 6, 2010 11:10 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 14895915)

In general I am happy with the WTP product - there was only one flight I have been on, a 747 with the WTP forward of CW, where the seats were really old and tatty.

pinkcat Oct 6, 2010 11:24 am

you have missed out one important factor.......PHL I am sure they must save up all the creaky old planes for that route, even a "mystery layout" old 777 with matchbox size IFE screens, it used to be a pleasure for the return to LHR to be diverted from EWR!
the end of the month is 777 both 67 and 69 so you should be safe for a couple of weeks then.:D

I did change my return by a day to avoid the old 777, its too noisy to sleep!

Seshman Oct 6, 2010 12:23 pm

For me one of the greatest perks of WT+ is the smaller cabin. In fact, dare I say that the cabin is smaller than the J one? Def smaller than Y (smaller = fewer people in one section)