Wiki Posts
Search

Romantic Weekend Break!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Only romantic day away for me was a trip to London in July with the Girlfriend- it had to be the day where it was 31 degrees in London! The heat was unbearable- don't think my hands have ever recovered from carrying that many bags round all day! Jersey has it's moments really- great at times, not so good at others! We are originally from the UK, it is a big contrast! Jersey is very boring for me at the moment- going to Florida with a friend for 10 days soon though, very pleased to be getting "off the rock!" (local saying!)

November is a bad month for me this year because it is cold as usual and I found out today I have 3 exams all in one afternoon on the 11th!

Padmeister have a great time in Prague- My Dad has been on business quite a few times before, he says it is actually very pleasant in winter and very scenic. He is off to Istanbul tomorrow and then Tallinn next week, the latter will be a bit of an experience!
Hi mikey thank you for your nice comments and your input in all of this i am going to make a final decision by friday but i think i am going to try prague. I hope you have a great time in florida the mrs wants me to take her to florida but i want to go to australia first hoping to pay for Club World and upgrade one way to first i like you are only blue and i dont seem to be getting to silver anywhere quick but going to sydney australia in CW should help matters!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Sounds like you've chosen Prague, which I agree is a great, romantic city. Yes, definitely some tourists, but beautiful streets, architecture and ambiance.

Having said that, I'll add that the two most romantic cities I've ever been have been Venice (if you get off the beaten track a bit, which is quite possible) and Paris. I actually was quite surprised by Paris, in that I took my wife there for her birthday, thinking that she'd love it but that I wouldn't be wowed. But fortunately I was wrong. And for food, it certainly has Prague and other Central European destinations beat.

One more choice to throw in the hopper in case you change your mind and can get there easily is Krakow. A university town that is quite a bit smaller than many of the options you're considering. Nice central square, enough to see and do for a weekend, and the students give it a pretty relaxed feel.

Anyway, have a wonderful trip!
Thank you Thunderroad for all your advice and ideas.

THANKKS TO EVERYONE INFACT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN GREAT ON HERE AS ALWAYS!!!!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Bruges i hear is lovely i have friends who have been there but its a long way from where i live
Do you mean the train is a long way from where you live? fly to BRU!

Anyway, Prugue is lovely if you decide to go there.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:51 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Romantic is the thing here so Prague is still a strong possibilty plus cannes, st tropez the south of france that sort of thing, i am just trying to say that i have had that many suggestions now i dont no what best to choose from them all but i am so gratefull to everyone giving input
Darling the only romance any of them have conducted in the past 10 years is with the looking glass - and that was one sided as they usually broke.

Listen to Auntie Pucci - there is - as is usually the case (in fact I cannot believe that I am writing thisI with HIIDY. Personally wild horses would not get me to Athens but the idea of warmth - or at least less cold then London usually appeals.

My vote would be for Lisbon. It is such a pretty city and so walkable. The little streets leading to and from the Castle and from the Castle down to the Cathedral are just so charming. The prices of eating out are extremely affordable and - best of all no hoards of Stag or Hen parties making you ashamed that you actually live in the same country.

I love to go down to the Vasco da Gama monument opposite the Jeronimos Monastary (well worth a visit).

Lisbon is compact and all in all a most pleasant place. I am trying to think of a down side and I cannot. Even the airport is reasonably located - I gather that they are thinking of building a new one but at whose expense I do not know.

All the major chains are there but I am an addict of the Tivoli Jardim - it is next door to the Tivoli Lisboa but half the price and much quieter.

Romantic - Oh yes Big Time. You can walk hand in hand for hours.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:43 am

Hi mikey thank you for your nice comments and your input in all of this i am going to make a final decision by friday but i think i am going to try prague. I hope you have a great time in florida the mrs wants me to take her to florida but i want to go to australia first hoping to pay for Club World and upgrade one way to first i like you are only blue and i dont seem to be getting to silver anywhere quick but going to sydney australia in CW should help matters!
I only joined the BAEC about a month ago because that was when I first learnt about the household account- 290TP in a months time is not too bad! I might euro cheat, so I will be silver by November! I am only going out in WT and back in WT+ to TPA, my friend's Dad and Step Mum are going in CW both ways... Jealousy! I am praying for an upgrade to CW on the flight home- on my last 2 solo return trips to LGW they upgraded me all 4 flights- will make sure I have the F paper bag tag and my Dad's silver card showing My Dad is taking me to HKG in F/CW (MFU from CW on outbound) at Christmas or April for my Christmas present- can't wait! He will be Gold by then probably, so we can go to the CCR!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
I am after both brownie points and Tier points even though i am still far away from silver!
Padmeister.... you will not be a true FTer until you get the priority order correct. To a true FTer... tier points come before brownie points.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Padmeister.... you will not be a true FTer until you get the priority order correct. To a true FTer... tier points come before brownie points.
BA or BUST you are so right sod the mrs FT comes first!

ha ha
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I only joined the BAEC about a month ago because that was when I first learnt about the household account- 290TP in a months time is not too bad! I might euro cheat, so I will be silver by November! I am only going out in WT and back in WT+ to TPA, my friend's Dad and Step Mum are going in CW both ways... Jealousy! I am praying for an upgrade to CW on the flight home- on my last 2 solo return trips to LGW they upgraded me all 4 flights- will make sure I have the F paper bag tag and my Dad's silver card showing My Dad is taking me to HKG in F/CW (MFU from CW on outbound) at Christmas or April for my Christmas present- can't wait! He will be Gold by then probably, so we can go to the CCR!
Mikey can i please move to Jersey with you i want to go to HKG in First!

Tell your parents i will pay good board!

Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:20 am

Mikey can i please move to Jersey with you i want to go to HKG in First!

Tell your parents i will pay good board!

Sure they wouldn't mind It's all because my Dad is earning BA miles practically every other day- he got a new job 6 months ago, he gets a better pay and he has gone from Silver to nearly Gold in about 3 months- basically travelling non-stop! The household account has about 280,000 BA miles in, better put them to good use! We might pay for CW out and WT+ back then upgrade the CW to First and then the WT+ to CW, the flights in CW return were nearly £6000 for the 2 of us, not the cheapest 5 day weekend! We payed just over £6000 for the 5 of us to go to St.Lucia in J this summer!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Sure they wouldn't mind It's all because my Dad is earning BA miles practically every other day- he got a new job 6 months ago, he gets a better pay and he has gone from Silver to nearly Gold in about 3 months- basically travelling non-stop! The household account has about 280,000 BA miles in, better put them to good use! We might pay for CW out and WT+ back then upgrade the CW to First and then the WT+ to CW, the flights in CW return were nearly £6000 for the 2 of us, not the cheapest 5 day weekend! We payed just over £6000 for the 5 of us to go to St.Lucia in J this summer!
I have sent you a pm mikey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.