Search

Some confusion about MMB upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Some confusion about MMB upgrades

Hi all,

Last week I booked LHR-PHL-LHR in WT and upgraded using miles to WT+. Just completed the outbound flight yesterday and see that I've only been credited with TP's equivalent to the WT cabin! I am going to call them up to see what the story is, but I was certainly under the impression that upgrading through MMB would give me the TP's of the higher cabin? Perhaps I was confused...let's see what BA say about it!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Dennis the Menace Fan Club
There is no mistake. You only get the TP from the original booking, not the upgraded cabin.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:14 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by borofergie
There is no mistake. You only get the TP from the original booking, not the upgraded cabin.
Upgrade with miles - original cabin miles.

Upgrade with cash - new cabin miles.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
To clarify, you get TP from your PAID cabin. If you upgrade with cash, then you would have got TP from the better cabin, but as you used miles it was not paid.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Yes, completely correct. And logical, otherwise any redemption booking would be miles and TP earning, which we all accept cannot be the case.
You got the correct TP and miles for the cabin PAID for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.