Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Cabin Crew Off-Duty

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by No5
In such case a very screaming, groaming, talking and banging lift shaft. :P
A shaft yes. A lift shaft she could not tell through the wall.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
I have experienced noisy BA crew in the Barbados Hilton - not so bad to be obnoxious, but noisy enough to be noticed enough as a partying group. At the time I thought they should be a little more discrete and fit in with the other guests.

How did I know they were crew? The withering look one of them gave me when they were checking in and one of the front desk staff called out to me by name as I was passing and called me to the desk.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
I'd be more worried if the Trip Advisor report said the Virgin crew stayed there.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:48 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
A shaft yes. A lift shaft she could not tell through the wall.
Maybe a lift shaft is a new position. As in "lift-shaft". Sounds like that was what Baconroll was overhearing...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
I'd be more worried if the Trip Advisor report said the Virgin crew stayed there.
Didn't you mean virgin crew?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:55 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by heartybob
Didn't you mean virgin crew?
Oxymoron.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oxymoron.
Quite!!

Clearly MarkLHR has never seen Pam Ann either
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by BOH
Ahem.....Fire?

I would.

But my curiosity was because I have two female staff in my team who travel on occasions. Given I have a "duty of care" to them when they are going about their work I simply wondered if we should advise them to ensure in future they are not on the ground floor in a hotel.

OTOH, my first thought is it is the usual 'elf n safety' extreme bollox as usual and second thought is a fire in a hotel (particularly in some less developed countries) is probably the greater risk. So I'll leave it up to them....they are intelligent enough I think to decide for themselves
In fairness, that's a pretty standard security consideration as a woman, not to be on a ground floor.

So yes, you might want to consider issuing them with advice to that effect. Other no-nos include staff who announce the room number to all and sundry in reception when solo women are checking in. There are quite a few threads relating to women traveller's security concerns on the women traveller's forum, to get some of the other considerations, but for me, those are the main two.

I will point out that having my room number announced to all and sundry hadn't seemed like a risk until the implications of doing that were discussed on women travellers - its possible your staff have not considered safety implications for hotel stay.

As for fire risk, this can be greatly reduced by checking out the exit routes from the hotel (particularly if you used a lift to access the floor you are on), but I'm sure we all do this as standard... don't we?! (Having had two stays which have been interrupted by fire alarms in the middle of the night, one of which I didn't know the way out from because I only knew where the lift was, I know how easy it is not to think about how disorientated you might be if woken at 3 am, in a strange hotel, to hear a fire alarm. As well as checking out where the fire exit is when you first arrive, my only other advice would be to keep your key close to hand at night... you'll not want to wait to be let back into your room at that time if it is a false alarm ). Fires are less common than attacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.