Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Earn 500 Bonus BA Miles from Travellex... or not!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.

Just going through my junk mail to extract the one golden nugget out of hundreds and find:

Earn 500 Bonus BA Miles on your Foreign Currency with Travelex

Travelling abroad? Want to get something extra from your travel money? Not only can you earn up to 1 BA Mile for every £1 you exchange at Travelex but we are also giving you the chance to earn 500 bonus BA Miles when you transact three times or more before 13 September 2011*.

Only slight problem... was received on the 14th September.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by BA or bust
13 September 2011*.
I had to read it twice!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:38 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

you have a year to make three transactions - seems OK to me?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Did take me a few secs to figure out the year as well!
Actually did get an email about some offer which arrived the day after it finishedonly last week.

I've also got the offer of 1000 bonus miles if I use them before some point in Dec 2010.

Wonder if this was a mass mailing or because I've got a future flight with BA booked?

May well take them up on it.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Markie
I had to read it twice!
I blame that lovely wine I had with lunch.

Now of course I have cleaned my Junk mail... was there any funny T's&C's? Like minimum transaction half the value of my house?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
If you read the Ts&Cs, there are two (and a half) offers: one for BA/Travelex 'virgins' who can get 1000 bonus miles for a £50 exchange before 14.12.10. They can also get a further 500 for making two more £50 transactions before Sept 11. And one for 'old timers' who can get 500 miles for three £50 transactions before Sept 11.

As ever with Travelex, worth exchanging £300 if you're going to exchange at all as you then get a mile per £.

Sounds good to me; don't think Mrs F10 has ever exchanged money at Travelex before. 3000 miles in the bank plus the transaction miles.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you are flying out of Heathrow T5 and using Travelex you get a better rate for prebooking your transaction online. However you cannot collect pre booked orders from the Travelex in zone G (or near there), you have to go to the one in zone B, and then back to zone G/H for fast track security. Or you have to remember to enter T5 at Zone B and go to travelex and then go to zone G/H for check in and security.

Come on travelex, let us specify your counter in zone G for collection as well as the one in zone B.

Of course those flying in whY with no status won't have this problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.