Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Hubby's posted with the transaction that took him to £1,500 six weeks or so ago.
And mine also posted when I hit the £1500 spend.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze :-(, United, Virgin, Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by Olly-
When I qualified in January the bonus points posted along with the transaction that tipped it over the £1500 spend in the 'bonus points' column.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have just heard back from Amex and they are saying the points won't post until my fifth statement.

I am not sure this was the wording in the T&Cs and seems to be at odds with the experiences on FT.

Wording on secure message was "Please be advised you will be awarded with 42,000 bonus Membership Reward Points after you have completed 3 months with American Express. These bonus Membership Reward Points will be awarded to you in your fifth statement."
Looks like a standard reply to me.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Ragman

I have just heard back from Amex and they are saying the points won't post until my fifth statement.

I am not sure this was the wording in the T&Cs and seems to be at odds with the experiences on FT.

Wording on secure message was "Please be advised you will be awarded with 42,000 bonus Membership Reward Points after you have completed 3 months with American Express. These bonus Membership Reward Points will be awarded to you in your fifth statement."
Perhaps they've changed it to stop people from getting the points and cancelling the card within a month, therefore pocketing the miles and getting a full refund of the annual fee?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:41 am

I got my points about a month ago before I had my first statement so maybe it has changed recently. I wonder if it is as a result of many people getting the points and immediately cancelling. Holding the card for 6 months is still a great deal though.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I got my points about a month ago before I had my first statement so maybe it has changed recently. I wonder if it is as a result of many people getting the points and immediately cancelling. Holding the card for 6 months is still a great deal though.
I got my card a couple of months ago (i.e. sounds like before you) so it could be that they are changing the T&Cs when they feel like it. They do have a history of that - see BA Amex fees.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver

I recall that they added this condition a few months ago for the Gold Card, I don't recall it in the T & C's for the Plat though, perhaps an error?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
I recall that they added this condition a few months ago for the Gold Card, I don't recall it in the T & C's for the Plat though, perhaps an error?
Yes, I also had a Gold card and I remember this restriction. I have searched current T&Cs and latest websites for the Plat and there is no mention of a delay in posting.

As you say, probably another Amex error. I wouldn't be bothered except for the arbitrage opportunity.

Ragman
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:58 am

Amex have confirmed it should be immediate and have posted the 42k bonus points to my account. ^
Just another example of how inconsistent the Amex processes and systems are.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:59 am

Amex have confirmed it should be immediate and have posted the 42k bonus points to my account. ^
Just another example of how inconsistent the Amex processes and systems are.
I'd laugh if it triggered automatically and you ended up with another 42k points
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Olly-
I'd laugh if it triggered automatically and you ended up with another 42k points
Yes, my smile would be from London to JFK
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly- View Post

Yes, my smile would be from London to JFK

This was exactly what happened to me, I had to phone several times & they eventually added the 42k points manually, next time I used the card another 42k bonus points were added automatically! Result
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:50 pm

I'd keep quiet about that
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Priority Pass

Hi All,

We sent our Priority Pass forms back (why this can't be done online is anyone's guess!) around 24 Oct, we followed it up with an email and they said 14 business days.

I was wondering how long did it take you get to your Priority Pass?

Cheers
John
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by johnny5a
Hi All,

We sent our Priority Pass forms back (why this can't be done online is anyone's guess!) around 24 Oct, we followed it up with an email and they said 14 business days.

I was wondering how long did it take you get to your Priority Pass?

Cheers
John
I did mine over the phone, and they turned up two days later - my wife had changed to a Mister but no other problems
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by E14 26C
I did mine over the phone, and they turned up two days later - my wife had changed to a Mister but no other problems
gosh I better get on the dog and bone then.... we need it for Dec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.